Bipod for CAR A3 (CR6724)?

jimmy

I posted this topic on the AR15 MB but received no response, so it must be a tough one.

The handguard of Colt's CAR A3 HBAR Elite has an extra QD swivel stud intended for a bipod. Has anyone tried a bipod with this rifle? If so, is any particular bipod best suited to it? I'd use the bipod for bench rest and maybe some prone shooting. I've been looking at the Harris, B-Square, and Parker-Hale (expensive!) bipods in the Brownells catalog and don't know which to get. Any experiences, opinions, or recommendations would be welcome. TIA.

Thanks for the responses. I'll check out the Harris bipod. Here are a couple of dumb questions, though.

Two swivel studs are mounted on the CAR A3 handguard. Am I correct in thinking that the bipod goes on the forward stud and the sling on the rear stud?

Also, does installing and removing the bipod mar the finish of the handguard?

As you can tell, I have zero experience with bipods!

Thanks again.

[This message has been edited by jimmy (edited May 01, 2000).]

Don't know about the A3 swivels but if they're not where you want them Harris also sells an adaptor that fits under the handguard of an AR.
Try mounting the bipod on each swivel and then trying it. Whcihever works best for you is the one to use.

Most folks mount the bipod on the front (muzzle) swivel. This keeps the bipod from becoming entangled with the sling. If you're worried about marring, put a bit of black electrian tape in the immediate area of the forearm.

Back