Bigguns - DE-LAR-Wildey-Automags ?

Alaska Roy

Hey all, any fans, owners or any opinions on the real deal Magnum Autoloaders? My first (still have) was the LAR in .45WM, accurate like a National Match 1911 and has the power and more with handloads of the .44 Rem.Mag. with seven in the magazine. All the rag hype got me to order the "new DE in .50ae", the early ones were a .512 bore the BATF declared dangerous and illegal, good! damn thing was too big and wouldn't run cast bullets. Then there was the first year production of the Wildey .475 Magnum, only gun I've owned that'll equal a T/C on paper but only with the gas system off, nobody made bullets for it other than the solid Barnes at too much a pop. The Automags (both vintages) were tempermental at best, then the LAR in .50ae! Holy moly, what a gun and with the factory comp was actually pleasant to shoot. When I started experimenting with handloads and cast bullets the LAR almost equaled the 454 Casull in a autoloader! Apparantly american shooters were'nt as inpressed, LAR dropped the Grizzly line. Roy

Back