Big problems with a Supermatic Citation

ok3wire

I recently acquired an early 70's vintage High Standard Supermatic Citation Military model .22LR semi-auto. Unfortunately, this particular pistol doesn't represent one of High Standard's better efforts as the frame is one giant tool mark, and looks like it was milled out by some guy with a Dremel tool. At any rate, my biggest concern at this point is that the ejector(?) (tiny piece of metal that extends up from the top of the frame just behind and to the side of the oval shaped magazine cutout) is cracked all around its base, and actually even moves a little bit.

Can anyone recommend a highly reputable, expert High Standard pistol gunsmith who could possibly help me out with this and a couple of other concerns? Thanks in advance.:)

ok3wire, I don't know if I'd call myself a High Standard expert but I've worked over a bunch of them. You can e-mail me if you like. George

Thank you for the kind offer, George. I've since been informed that the ejector is actually press fit into the frame, and is not an integral part of the frame as I had earlier assumed. Perhaps this isn't the problem I thought it was. Still there are some other issues I have with the pistol, such as a corroded finish on the (gaudy, in my opinion) gold colored trigger, that I may want to pursue with you. I'll get in touch off-line. Thanks again.

Back