big hog

reelscreamer

Inactive
I know I am new here, but have been watching for a while before joining. Wanted share an email I received today :)

The fellow in the pictures is BOB LANCASTER, He lives about 30 miles from
Houston, in a very rural community. He has 20 acres of land and on it, a few
cows and horses. Mostly it's pasture land that is fenced with woods surrounding
him.
He is neighbored by a larger cattle ranch.
His neighbor has complained for several years that wild hogs had been
raiding his cattle feeders and salt licks.
Last month he saw what he though was a cow in his pond and went to see if it was
stuck in the mud and would have to be pulled out. When he got close enough to
realize it was hog, the thing made a charge at him. He

had driven his truck down to the pond and carries a pistol in it (as any Texas
redneck would, and I say that with genuine affection). He got his handgun and
when it came at him again, he shot it twice and killed it.

Wild hogs in Texas usually run from 100-400 pounds with a 400 pounder being a
monster. Because this one had been feasting on grain for several years it had
grown to mammoth size. When Bob took it to the processor it weighed in at over
1100 pounds!

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 270
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 227
Ah, the famous "Half-ton Travellin' Hog"!

I got that email from a friend in Houston. I've seen a newspaper article about its being killed in south central Georgia. And a guy over at The High Road swears it was killed near Branson, Florida.

Glad he ain't a cat!

:D, Art

That is one big pig!!! I hunt pigs all around the Houston area. 30 miles north? Like spring or Conroe? Some of my best pig hunting days where in Cut-n-shoot east of conroe.

Bob Lancaster? For some reason I should know that name.

Well there are a couple of hog stories over on snopes. The first link below is for the Georgia version called Hogzilla and it is of undetermined status according to snopes.
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/hogzilla.asp

The second link is of the Florida version and it has the pictures linked in the original post.
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/bighog.asp

While impact maybe should know Bob Lancaster's name, it isn't relevant to anything here since the hog was not taken Texas and the guy who took it isn't named Lancaster.

Woooow!

that thing is freaking huge!!!
what caliber would be big enough to take that son of a bitch down!
serioulsy would you want to use a 50 caliber or what????

uhh

That is one scary hog. I wouldnt hunt that thing unless I had 15 people with semi auto 308s with me. And i would make them empty it into the hog..... reload and empty again :p

Well to some one who hunts water fowl and ground hogs rabbits etc. That is HUGE.

Clearly a hoax, IMO. Judging from the fence height in back of the tractor, that looks to be a fairly compact tractor. I'd estimate that to be only a 54" or maybe a 60" bucket width on that tractor. Not a really big hog if you consider that size.

Average cinder block is 15 3/4 inches long. Looks like you could fit 5 of those end to end in that bucket...which would make the bucket about 78". The report given says that from the hogs' eye socket to the end of his nose is 11 3/4". If you go by that scale the bucket would be about 90". If you compare the tractor and bucket to the fence in the background there's no way the bucket's 80-90". I've personally never seen a tractor of that size with a 90" bucket on it. I'm thinking hoax right now but I could be wrong...

Edited: Here's another story on it. There's at least 3 totally different stories out there on this. The one I just gave said that he shot it once at 10 yards with a .44 magnum in the side and it jumped 3 times towards him before it dropped dead...

5 and 1/2 cinderblock hog

Ok, well, I worked on the photo - I took the cinderblock, and copied it, turned it sideways, and laid the copies out horizontally along Mr. Hawg so we could measure him in cinderblocks. He is a 5 and 1/2 cinderblock hog. :D

If they are 16 inches, that is an 88inch hog as he is posed there - that's a lotta bacon! :eek:

Attachments

• hog1.jpg
    hog1.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 75
Clearly a hoax, IMO. Judging from the fence height in back of the tractor, that looks to be a fairly compact tractor. I'd estimate that to be only a 54" or maybe a 60" bucket width on that tractor. Not a really big hog if you consider that size.
If it a miniature fence and tractor the guy in the first photo is a dwarf - unless the whole photo has been doctored.

Art's right. The real impressive part isn't how big it was, but how far it's travelled. Who knew domestic pork was so migratory, when running wild? ;)

Back