Big green S&W 44?

Lightsped

Has anyone seen or shot the new big green S&W 44 revolver? I forgot the name, but it is a large frame S&W with a interesting looking ported barrel....

Lightsped-I belive what you're referring to is the 7.5 inch barreled "Hunter" model 629 from the Performance Center...made for Camfour distributors, with Birdsong's Black "T"(cylinder) and NATO Green(frame and barrel)...product # is 170171...weight is listed at a WHOPPING 56 oz.!!! I THINK I saw it in the latest "Guns and Ammo"...haven't actually seen one "in the flesh" yet...looks like a monster!!!....mikey357

Cost from Camfour is just over $1k (plus shipping). The gun comes with the hard case and a hunting holster rig. The finish is extremely fragile and S&W continues to miss the mark with the barrel mounted Weaver base. The residue from the ports pits the scope glass. Good concept, but needs some more work. Certainly not worth the money when compared to other S&W products.

Robert

Row-bare...do you have any idea what has happened to our "other" favorite site tonight??? I don't have a clue...but then, that's not really unusual....mikey357

A fragile finish??? The few pics i have seen make that green look very tough. Almost like a parkerized toughness.

Lightsped

I handled three of these guns at Shot Show and all had significant wear of the finish on the hard edges. We have sold a few through our store and one of the gentlemen has chosen to turn his gun into a weekend shooter. It also is showing serious wear of the finish. If you look closely at the pictures from the gun rag issue, it to is wearing poorly. Bead blasting is still the best way to go.

Back