Bianchi Holsters: Good? Bad? Indifferent?

Will Beararms

I recently puchased a Bianchi 7l line pancake holster for concealed carry of a large-frame Semi-Auto under specifically- tailored sport coats and suit jackets. Any feedback on Bianchi?

Thanks-----WB

------------------
"When guns are outlawed;I will be an outlaw."

I have been using a Bianchi IWB holster for my P220 and P226 for about two or three years now. It's not pretty, nor expensive, but it has never dropped my gun either. I would say it is good stuff for the money. I think Galco holsters are better quality, but they are also more expensive and it takes forever to get a left hand rig from them unless they have one from a prior order that was returned or canceled.

------------------
Guns cause crime like spoons cause Rosie O'Donnell to be fat!

I hunt, therefore I am.

I have loved my Bianchi Model 19L holsters for years until my SideArmor IWB became my holster of choice for CCW. The 19L is a paddle holster, able to be straight draw or canted to your liking, and suede lined to protect the finish on your sidearm. The paddle is suede lined, too, so it's soft and comfortable for all day trips to the range, or such. As an OWB, it's a bit bulky on the outside, but can be concealed with some ingenuity. The snap thumb break is perfect for open-carry here in AZ, as it affords that extra bit of retention that may be required when the gun is not concealed. I loved this holster design for my Glock 19, and recently bought one matching (but much larger) for my HK-USP45f, and it performs flawlessly, even with the larger gun.

For the money, the Bianchi design and quality of materials are second to none, and there's nothing like the smell of a new leather holster. Highly recommended,

Will - I have a couple of Bianchi's that I purchased for open carry (CCW in the SF Bay Area? HA!). Beretta 92F and Colt Trooper.

I like them. Nothing fancy, just good workman like holsters. The keeper strap for the Beretta holster was a tad tight at first (hard to snap closed), but broke in quite quickly.

Cliff

I holster-shop in a wholesale outfit that is geared up for LEO sales. I spoke with an LEO while buying the Bianchi. His Dept. specs the Safariland duty gear and he hates the laminate material they use since it does not form to your body well per his opinion. He advised me to go leather and I just could not afford a Galco at this point in time. I admit that the Bianchi line is a no-frills option but it beats the Strong's, Hume's and Old World Leather (Uncle Mike's) of the world hands down IMHO. Whats more, I like the lining of the Bianchi nd the way they mask the inside of the male portion of the snap. On scabbards of lesser quality, I have seen that area wreak havoc on pistol finishes. I don't mind wear on pistol finish or any firearm surface for that matter. In fact, I think it adds character but I hate blatant scratches. My primary concern is the stitching and snap hardware. A little imperfection in the tanning won't hurt me. As for the De Santis, with all due to respect to our esteemed administrator, I don't see much difference between them and the Bianchi. I must concede that the lining of the safariland is sweet.

------------------
"When guns are outlawed;I will be an outlaw."

Back