Bi-pod for Ruger 77 Opinions

Wild Bill Bucks

Thinking about putting a bi-pod on my Ruger, but every one of them looks like it mounts to a sling stud. My Ruger has sling loops that go through the stock and they don't have a stud. Wonder how you would put one on it?
Also was wondering how ethical it would be in a real hunting situation?
I'm sure they would be great at the range, but how handy are they when you are hunting?

Wound up with the flu today, and I'm stuck a home, so I may not be typing up to snuff.
Pleases forgive me.

In the last forty or so years of hunting, I've never had an occasion to even think about a bipod. IMO, all they do is add weight.

But, all my deer and coyote killing has been either offhand or from a sitting position...

Art

If the Ruger is like the Mossberg stock. (Iforget which model) Nylon and has a loop instead of a stud. It works well. The Harris copy i use ( rockmount) fit perfectly a friends Mossberg 30-06. (Model?). Again , it had a recessed loop instead of a stud. This stud was integrated into the composite stock. (I dont really trust the plastic loop holding the weight of a rifle, but thats just me. The Bipod will dold on good and tight as long as the loop doesnt fail. My friend threatend to steal my bipod that i mounted for fit on his gun, but I had his bolt in my pocket and I had a 45 . HAHAH. Just try out the Rock mount Bipod from Wal mart. It is a very good copy of a Harris. (40$) I use it on My Armalite. It comes off easily for blind hunting or walking around. But for the rest of us (or just me) I find a nice high spot over looking a few hundred acres and sit quietly with my rifle on the bipod and pick them off.

Back