Beware of proreloaders--scam!!!!

74camaroman

WARNING--Yes, I almost fell for this place. They had primers at reasonable prices, CCI SR @$57.00 a brick, CCI SP same price, Winchester SR same price, Winchester SP Match for $65.00 a Brick, Good Prices. Should have known better, my bank put a hold on the transaction. Not a reputable company. Doesn't take CC's only ZELLE, with this transaction on hold until Monday, I did some online checking. GOOD THING I CHECKED!! I have learned a few lessons this year!! One guy drove over to that address to find a delapitated building and a trailer with weeds growing 6' tall, partial Phone number, partial FFL #. Just BEWARE OF PRORELOADERS.COM. THIS IS JUST A WARNING to people who need reloading supplies, Temptation for good prices!!!

Yes, several "ghost" reloading suppliers have turned up and are still up on the Internet, trying to capitalize on the panic. The best advice is never to do business with an online supplier who can't accept a credit card. To be able to accept a credit card, a bank confirms your credit is good, which means revealing who you are and getting through a credit application (the bank needs to know you are good for the money; if you accept a bad card, they want to be sure you take the hit, not them). That is as close as you'll come to getting a guarantee of a degree of solvency and a history of taking responsibility for debts, which are not characteristics the career scamster tends to have.

no haz mat another clue
Kind of like that outfit that a lot of folks fell for on another forum that took prepaid preorders for imported primers at 6 cents apiece including shipping and hazmat. They never materialized.

no haz mat another clue

If I found a company that was reputable, competitive priced and didn't charge HAZMAT "Fees" I'd give them my business FIRST!.

I was involved in this area long before HAZMAT fees existed. I also spent several years doing chemical management at a DOE nuclear site. I know about the Fed regulations for shipping and storage of hazardous materials.

Rules that were in place long, long before any shippers began charging HAZMAT fees. Rules about placarding containers (including the trucks) separation spacing of different materials on the truck, spill containment and other things. Things the shippers are required to do by Federal law. Things they used to do as part of the cost of doing business.

Then, some bright fellow figured out that they could charge the customers extra. because the shipper had to do extra to comply with the LAW, and the customers would pay it. Gripe, but pay it.

Now, here's the part not talked about, its a cash cow for the shippers. It's hugely profitable for them. and they make more money from it than it costs them to comply with the shipping regulations.

Consider this, about shipping and powders and primers. A shipper can put as much material on a truck as fits, and complies with all HAZMAT requirements. The cost to the shipper is what ever it takes to set up the truck to comply with what is being shipped. You could have 500lbs of powder at one end of the trailer and a quarter million primers at the other end and it costs what it costs to do that.

Now, suppose that powder shipment is for 20 different customers, and that primer shipment is for 50 different customers, EACH ONE of them pays an "additional" HAZMAT feed, along with the actual shipping costs.

And suppose there is some other, non gun related hazardous material on the same truck, also in proper containment and spacing, THAT shipment is ALSO paying its own separate HAZMAT fee.....

Think you're just covering the costs imposed by Fed law so the poor shipper can stay in business?? You're not. You're doing a lot more than that, and it goes in the shippers pocket, essentially "for free".

Ehhh just being able to take a credit card doesn’t guarantee a company is 100% legit. While yes it is more legit than cash app or other new forms of money movement, it’s pretty easy to get set up to take CCs through one of many third party companies. Yes you will get a charge back if you don’t deliver the goods... but in certain cases you have to initiate action with the CC company within a certain time frame. If you allow your card to be charged for a pre-order that’s 120 days out, and you start trying to initiate a charge back over 4 months after the purchase, you may run into some problems.

For sure, it’s rare for a straight scammer to take CC payment. But it can and does happen.

3rd generation shooters supply

I just ordered over 300 dollars from these guys 3rd generation shooters supply
. 5pounds of cfe 23 and 3 boxes of berger bullets, the price was decent,, but I wonder what I will receive? I called them and they say all is good in Oklahoma and I will get my order, they said things have been crazy, is why there were a few bad reviews, I got confirmation emails, order numbers etc, so I am hoping Im not ordering from a scam site.

Website looks legit!!

Went to the website and all looks legit. Hope it turns out great for you. If it doesn't then let this site know. Good Luck!! 74 camaroman

On the other hand, ... just wait until primers and powder start showing up locally where you can 'walk' in and get them. Only 'scam' is over-pricing which you can walk out on.

If you're old enough, you can remember when many products were sold C.O.D.

Cash on Delivery. You didn't pay until the product showed up. A lot of people were simply distrustful of mail order where you paid up front and hoped it got delivered, and in order to make sales companies (and the Post Office) put up with it.

They eventually did away with it, I don't think its illegal its just no one does it anymore. Credit cards and disputing/cancelling payments have pretty much removed the need for COD shipments in legitimate business today.

Point here is, ANYTIME you pay before delivery of anything, from anyone, you're taking a risk with your money. Deal with an established firm the risk is low. Deal with someone who just recently showed up, and has what no one else has, and at decent or even low prices? Roll the dice. and be prepared to lose.....

Back