better stock for Savage 110 in .270

tlynhen

Inactive
I have this rifle that my father gave me when he bought a new Browning .243. He is a rather short armed fella and sawed about an inch off the stock and then place a very good Limbsaver butt pad on the gun to accomadate his pull length. I have a longer reach than my dad and I was wondering what kind of budget stock options there are for this gun.

Well, since you are on a budget, you could always make a spacer (from wood, plactic or metal) to fit between the recoil pad and stock to lengthen the pull.

If you do still want to replace the stock, need some more info.

Do you want, hardwood, laminated wood, synthetic (plastic)?

If synthetic, I would look at Hogue and maybe Choate. There might be a couple other "budget" stock but can't think of them off the top of my head.

If wood or laminate, check e-bay and some of the firearm auction sites like Gunbroker.
If you want a very nice replacement stock, try Richards Microfit Stocks online. They make some VERY nice looking stocks.

This is my workhorse deer rifle. Not looking for beauty. Synthetic would be nice, but I am afraid the drop in weight will make it kick worse. Not fun to target shoot. :eek: original stock is wood. many scratches from crossing barbed wire fences.

I checked out both Hogue and Choate. I like the Hogue stocks very much. However, I don't know what determines a short action or a long action. I figure that my rifle is a long action but am not sure.

Thanks for the info precision_shooter. I sure do like the way those Hogue stocks look. And they had a stock for my .270 for $178.

Back