Betcha I can shoot a Mosin Nagant in an indoor pistol-only range!

KC9LDB

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/...lti-chamber-Insert.aspx?a=587989&kwtid=316229

167404_ts.JPG

Just bought it today, 7.62X54R to 32ACP!!! Has anyone else used this yet? Hows the ejection on it???

besides hearing the obvious noise a gun makes when shot, why would someone shoot a pistol cartridege thru a rifle, especially one so cheap to shoot? nothing a pistol cartridege shot thru a rifle does replicates the rifles capabilites. and why would you go to a range to do this? accuracy has to be questionable, the cost of ammo is higher, you have essentially made a repeating rifle into a single shot. don't get me wrong, i like my toys too, and i do see the fun factor but when mosin ammo is so cheap i wouldn't bother with the extra expense.

I've contemplated buying one in .303 British, but ultimately decided not to tempt fate with what I had planned for it. If you buy one, can you tell us how it does?

Well problem the problem is that my range, and other ranges around here, are pistol only. NO RIFLE AT ALL, unless its like a cx4 or a .22 cal rifle. I am unable to shoot my Mosin, too close to the city. This seems like an alternative to use. Ill let you all know how it shoots!

Go for it,although the days of cheap .32acp are gone.Got a .22 conversion

kit for my AR and after i little tweaking and polishing it works great.

And at 100 yards its dead on.

Well I think it's super cool and suspect that many people miss the potential versatility this lil doo dad would provide.

I suspect that it will shoot pretty darn accurate. Let us know on that, will you?

If it shoots...say, rabbit sized groups at oh 75 yards or so then...:cool:

My good friend has one of those things in 30-30/.32 ACP. The point of it is to have the capability tp pot small game with your deer rifle when and if needed. We played with it quite a bit and found the point of impact varied a bit by elevation from his 30-30 load. Windage was fine. It was possible to keep it at minute of pop can inside 30 yards. Plenty enough for a possum, racoon, squirrel etc. I can envision several scenarios where this could be a very useful tool.

The ranges where I have shot would not allow you to shoot your MG on the pistol range in spite of using pistol ammo. They don't allow pistol caliber carbines like the Beretta Storm either. Two don't allow FMJ ammo either

ooo, that sucks, yea mine allows all pistol up to a 500SW Magnum. But like the automag3 (30 carbine) you can t shoot for some reason. We can shoot fmj, lrn, jhp, it dosent matter. CX4's are fine too, hipoint 995's fine also.

So, when I first saw this thread I didn't know anything like this existed. I ended up buying one myself, but unfortunately it arrived UNDER the surplus tin of 7.62x54 ammo I bought with it and the mouth of the adapter where it would fit into the barrel is bent just a touch. It looks like a brass casing that fell too far or got stepped on or something. Is this something that I can effectively straighten or shoot out? I can send it back if I need to.

Send it back, no need to try to fix something that should not be broken. It's there fault for not packaging it right and they should replace it.

Back