Bet You've Never Seen This Before

I guess that it is impressive that he can carry such a heavy gun over uneven terrain in the smoke without tripping, but the randomly fired unaimed single shots aren't impressive.

Firing single shot, not F/A? I'm not impressed!

That's a 2-round burst at the very beginning. The muzzle swings a good 30 degrees, I guess because the muzzlebrake is tilted to the side the way he's carrying it. It's a good thing he didn't go for a 3-round burst or he could have taken out a cameraman.

randomly fired unaimed single shots aren't impressive

I didn't say it was effective, I said it was cool.:D

The Russians always have the best bad ideas.

Sorry, I have completely missed the "cool" factor of that.

So the guy can fire unaimed and poorly controlled two rounds bursts. Why is that cool?

That's a 2-round burst at the very beginning. The muzzle swings a good 30 degrees, I guess because the muzzlebrake is tilted to the side the way he's carrying it. It's a good thing he didn't go for a 3-round burst or he could have taken out a cameraman.

No, the muzzle brake blow out equally left and right. So it isn't because the muzzle brake is tilted that the gun is doing that. The muzzle brake is straight on the gun. It is because the gun itself is tilted and being held in the manner that it is. That swing would usually be offset by gravity.

As for the 3-round burst, no it would not have taken out the cameraman. The uncontrolled muzzle might have scanned the cameraman LONG AFTER the three round burst was gone, but the burst would not have taken him out. The muzzle isn't swinging so fast or the shots fired so slowly that the shots are being fired at 30 degree intervals.

If you don't get it, I guess you just don't get it. You must not have been raised on 80's action movies as I was.:)

I guess when you saw that scene in Predator with the ridiculous man-portable electric gatling you said loudly:
"What a terrible waste of ammo! That is in no way cool! Such a stupid movie, that guy is dumb enough to be elected Governor of California!"

It's a big burly Rooski firing a heavy MG from the hip. You're overthinking things here. This was supposed to be a silly thread.:D

You are all sadly mistaken. He is a robot cyborg and easily hitting targets at 300m with his terminator vision. I welcome our new Terminator KORD overlords. :cool:

If you don't get it, I guess you just don't get it. You must not have been raised on 80's action movies as I was.

I guess when you saw that scene in Predator with the ridiculous man-portable electric gatling you said loudly:
"What a terrible waste of ammo! That is in no way cool! Such a stupid movie, that guy is dumb enough to be elected Governor of California!"

It's a big burly Rooski firing a heavy MG from the hip. You're overthinking things here. This was supposed to be a silly thread

That was fun!

B. Lahey said:
If you don't get it, I guess you just don't get it. You must not have been raised on 80's action movies as I was.

I doubt it has anything to do with what movies we were raised around, but rather that most of us who frequent this section are folks who were raised around the real thing and not how Hollywood portrays machineguns. I'm not saying the video was bad or anything and I am glad to see that the guy did have trigger control and the best aspect of that video was to show that REAL guns have REAL recoil. Imagine Jesse Ventura in Predator trying to fire a REAL minigun at the hip. :eek:

It was a real minigun they were firing from the hip, just not real bullets. I have spoken with the man that owns the minigun in Predator/Terminator 2. He said the gun was fired with blanks (obviously) but the recoil of regular 7.62x51mm at 70 per second would be more than Jessie and Arnold could hold together.

Back