Best way to sell a new Sig P225?

mellow_c

I've got a brand new in the box Sig P225. It's a real nice pistol and I've been very tempted to take it to the range but I think I might rather let it go to help fund other projects.

This is a basic version, model # 225a-9-b-cl and from what I see online they are out of stock everywhere and when they were still available they were selling for about $750, maybe a bit less if you really dig.

I've thought about putting it up on consignment at a local shop but they take 20%. I remember seeing a "for sale" section here on TFL but that seems to be gone. I'm not sure I feel like going the gun broker route either.

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Or should I just keep it?
;)

You may mot take as much of a hit selling it on consignment if you purchase from the LGS where you sell it. Around here, selling on consignment means 20% fee if you want the cash, but 10-12% if you take store credit.

Also, make sure you have realistic expectations. It may may be “new-in box’ to you or ‘like new-unfired”, but to a buyer it is a used gun, without a factory warranty. You may be lucky, finding someone who really wants it, but I see new ones on gun broker for under $600. Used (even appearing new and unfired) should go for less.

Yup, I bought one from Gun Broker, brand-new, for $575. A LNIB in a private transaction in my area would be about $500 at most.

I suggest you keep it. It’s a very svelt gun for Sig.

I remember seeing a "for sale" section here on TFL but that seems to be gone.
It’s still here. It’s not visible to new members who have just a few posts, but that doesn’t seem to be your issue. I recommend PMing a mod or posting in the Site Questions subforum to see why the Buy Sell Trade section isn’t visible to you.

Well how about that!!!!

I might as well be a junior member... I wasn't logged in and didn't see the buy sell trade section as a result. I was thinking it was gone all together. Hah.

I've posted it for sale in the Handguns for sale section.

I'm asking $650 and buyer pays shipping.

For a brand new, never fired, perfect condition Sig. I think that's quite fair. We'll see how it goes. I could always keep it.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I'd check out Sig arms talk as well. They have a for sale section and have Sig fans galore.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Forums like this often have a "for sale" section.
Mewe is a social media site like Facebook, but allows gun sales and gun groups.
Armslist is the Craigslist of gun sales.
And of course there's Gunbroker and other auction sites.

Back