Best way to pull bullets?

AzShooter

I had a problem last week when loading my 9 mm. I'm sure I had a double charge but can't figure out what case it is. Weighing is no answer because there is that much difference in the weight of the bullets or the cases to be sure.

Is the Kinetic bullet puller or the Collet puller better?

I need to go through 200 rounds to be sure.

Good luck with the collet. It may work fine as little to no crimp is my normal loading. The collet, however, may not get a good grip on the bullet due to the curved ogive being the only surface to grab onto. If that is the case, try the impact puller.

Partial to kinetic pullers myself. No damage to the bullet. Best to bash 'em on a big rock(preferably granite about the size of a half Honeydew or the like melon) over anything else. Unless you have an anvil. Wood and even concrete are too soft. As daft as that sounds.

A good trick on stubborn bullets is to seat them a little deeper and then use a collet or impact puller to get them out. This works well on surplus also as the sealant around the bullets can be a PITA to get unstuck from.

Either way will work and as long as you don't get in a hurry, there won't be any damage to the bullet.

Back