best trap thrower

Brutus

Looking for feedback on battery operated trap throwers.
Like to keep cost down to $400 or less, also what options are recommended?

I bought a Do-All Arial Assault 3 because of the velocity potential, and so far I really like it. It will really fling them out there with the spring cranked down. Got the wireless remote too, so I can shoot from all angles. After about 200 to 250 rounds it started braking a few targets and I had to do a little adjustment - wasn't hard - and no problems since. An acquaintance has I think a White Wing and he has to tweak his every so often as well. They are not as robust as the commercial machines, but they don't cost like it and you don't need a truck to move them either. I have mine and the battery in a yard wagon and I just tow it back to the pipeline with the lawn tractor and let fly. I did not have to add stabilizers to the wagon. I took it over to my buddy's for a shoot and just picked it up and set it in the back of the Jeep, no problem.
I got a Battery Tender auto battery maintainer to keep the battery up to snuff. I love those things.

Just what Virginian has said. I have the White Wing and it will throw birds to the far end of the trap field, and fast too. I adjust the spring to slow the birds down to reasonable speed. Heck the battery weighs more than the trap.

I got mine from Amazon.com with the free shipping.

I have the exact same wagon, in yellow. :) I even leave the sides on. I looked. I scored everything except the battery for $399. Caught some sales.

I leave the Trap in one spot and move around it depending what type of shot I want to work on that day.

Think of a clock face with the Trap at 6 and work 360 degrees around it from different distances.

What about the Wobbler.

Think I've read that Do All has a wobbler attachment that works with both the White Wing and the aerial Assault...

Back