Best Sources for M1A?

Jeff Thomas

Well, timing is everything. Been looking forward to putting some money down on a SA M1A - collector stock, stainless, 'loaded', etc. It has been in the shop for at least 3 to 4 months. Admired and held it almost everytime I was in there. Today they told me it has been sold - last Sunday!

So, back to the drawing board. It seems these rifles are a bit hard to come by / buy. ;) Can anyone suggest an economical and reliable source for these fine rifles? I'm in Arizona, but I'm willing to buy, legally, from another state. It's clear from SA's web site that there is a significan spread between their listed 'suggested retail' and the various street prices I've seen.

Thanks for the help.

Regards from AZ

Jeff,
I was in this gun store saturday and they had a walnuted stocked loaded m1a (615) 754-7178......
This other store in the past has always had a great selection of m1a's (615) 793-9696....
I hope that helps, and sorry I dont know what the prices are....fubsy.

Next time the local (or near by) gun show is in town, check it out! I was kinda' shoppin' around when I found mine at one of the local gun stores for 1300 bucks. Since I was checkin' prices at SA's website, I thought that was a good deal.
A week later at the local show I saw a NICE NM for only 1200 bucks! Wished I'd waited a week, but at least I got one. ;)

------------------
Happiness is a tight group!

Back