best silicone gun cloth ?

I make my own, using silicone spray and old tee shirts.
Just let the wet cloth air out a bit to get rid of the spray propellent.

G96 makes a very good cloth but you can make one by getting a piece of shammy cloth and spraying it with G96 aerosol spray. I've been using this product for over forty years and I've never had any rust on any gun I own. Turnbull reccommends it for protecting the finish on their high end reproduction lever guns.

I am giving it a try reloading my own with silicone spray. I bought a can of CRC silicone spray at wally world and sprayed my old Winchester cloth this morning. I left it out to allow the spray medium to evaporate leaving the silicone on the cloth. I hope I am doing it right ?

I do let it air out a bit to get rid of the propellant, but only for a minute or so.
It leaves very quickly.
Some of gases used for propellant in aerosals are kind of nasty.

I used the one I sprayed today to wipe down a couple guns and it worked beautifully, thank you for the advice I appreciate it.

Once you get the shammy cloth wet with silicon spray it will stay moist for months if kept in a zip loc bag. Don't get too hung up on the amount of propellant used to spray out of the can. You're not going to ruin the ozone layer or anything. It's pretty insignificant.

Back