Best Shoulder Carry for Large Semi-Auto?

Cosmodragoon

I've only ever carried smaller guns in a shoulder holster and only horizontally. I've only used inexpensive, minimalist, nylon gear to do this but haven't had any problems. I was thinking about carrying something larger for the winter, like an FNX-45. Is horizontal still good or should I think about going vertical? Not having much experience with this, I look forward to reading your wisdom. Also, specific recommendations are welcome. Thanks!

I like shoulder holsters since most of my day is spent sitting, either at a desk or in a car. Don't wast your time with low $ generic rigs with velcro adjustments. They will just slide off your shoulder and be generally uncomfortable all day. Guess how I know.
My favorite vertical style is the Bianchi X15 sized to match your weapon. These have a spring loaded front opening and will hold many different guns of similar size. Mine is a large revolver, long barrel size and works well with 6 1/2" L frame S&W, 7 1/2" Ruger SBH and even 8" long barreled cap and ball revolvers. I also have a Ross leather vertical style for 1911. It works well but rides lower than I like, almost like a "high ride" cross draw holster. I use it for 1911, S&W 39 and High Power pistols. Am currently looking for a horizontal type for my CZ97B. High Noon holsters has one that looks promising but I have no actual experience yet.

Back