Best scope/rifle combination

kwalityguy

What is the best combination of scopes to rifles?

1) AR15: used for hog hunting
2) Savage Axis 308: used for deer hunting
3) 10/22 TD: general plinking
4) AR10: just for fun

a) Nikon Prostaff 3-9x 1"
b) Bushnell 3-9x 1"
c) BSA Tactical 6-24x 30 mm
d) Cabelas Alpha 3-12x 1"

Have a few of the Swift scopes, but not one suggested. However, Swifts are made in S. Korea and mine are 6-18x44 A.O. Have owned them for up to four years now and each have seen a fair number of rounds fired at range while on mid recoiling centerfire rifles. Optics in them not as good as my Weaver Super Slam scopes, but clarity at highest power is pretty decent.

About the BSA tactical scope 6-24X30mm. Assume its the Midway one. If so, own one. I've nothing bad to say about it, considering its price. Owned it for about 2 years now and its presently on a 257 Roberts rifle with lots of rounds fired at range with it mounted. Think I had it on a 308 rifle for awhile. No problems with it other than rings that came with scope were too high. Once again, its optics aren't as good as my Weaver Super Slams, but I've no complaint about its clarity/focus and etc.

See you have a 3-12 Cabelas scope listed as a choice. Sorry, know nothing about it. However in that power range I do own a Weaver 40/44 3.8-12x44 A.O. scope that you might want to consider. Mine is the aspherical lens 40/44, surprisingly good optics in it. www.natchezss.com has this scope discounted to around $100 now....should sell for around $190. If I needed another 12x scope, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Made in the Philippines. By the way, presently Natchez has free shipping till Dec. 15th or so....saves you about $15 in shipping they'd charge. You need the promo code to enter when ordering to get free shipping.

Forgot to mention, for a low priced 3-9 power range scope, Natchez has a few of the discontinued line of Nitrex TR1 scopes left to sell. Nitrex was basically Weaver Grand and Super Slam scopes. Nitrex and Weaver owned by same company and they were made in same Japanese plant with same internals, optics and etc. by LOW. So, Weaver will handle the life time warranty on the Nitrex. LOW also makes the Bushnell Elite, Sightron Big Sky and other top lines of scopes. Anyway, for around $120 you can get a Nitrex at Natchez. Used to sell for around $280. Darn nice scope.

Last edited:
actually all mine are covered by swift scopes. some of them are 20+ years, and i've never had a complaint. theres a 4.5-14x that goes on a 257 bob ai (waiting for the money to come) and i'm waiting on a 20 vartarg, that will not be a swift:( but a 6-24x bushnell banner thats going on. i may go with a mueller for a 357 maximum, but i'll probably go with a swift. here are a few of mine....
308 win, 6.5 creedmoor, 270 win, 30-06, 7mm-08, 7x57, and a bunch of others:D

Back