Best raffle shotgun?

Monkeyleg

Not being an avid shotgunner, I don't know what's most popular out there. I'm trying to conduct a fund-raising raffle, and want to offer as a prize a $500-$600 shotgun. Which do you think would have the broadest appeal?

Thanks for any replies.

For that kind of money, here's some ideas....

Does your area allow shotgun hunting for deer? If so, a combo pump gun like the Remington 870, the Mossberg 500,etc, with a slug barrel and a shot bbl would be good.

Otherwise,if your area has lots of waterfowlers, one of the bigger guns, like a 3 1/2" 12 ga auto would be a draw, if one can be found in your price range.

OTOH, to all the folks who have 12 gauges, but wouldn't mind having a light 20 ga, something like an 1100 Remington would be attractive.

HTH....

our fire depart ment is doing a gun raffle right now. we have ten guns in the raffle and five cash prizes to places like pennys, wal mart, academy sporting goods, etc. in the $500 range, we have in the past, given away browning bps, remington 870 camo w/ ammo, the highest dollar mossberg. our prizes are bought in the same place every year. the manager lets the winners return teh prize for any thing in the store of equal or higher value( no cash refunds). some years one or two or exchanged, some years all of them. he sells a full line of sporting goods and has a really great coin store, they'll trade anywhere in the building. hope it helps.

You might have to invest a bit, but everyone seems to want a nice over/under shotgun.

Thanks for the replies. It's a moot question now, though, since the state doesn't allow raffles for political purposes. If I ever become a church, I'll keep the mentioned shotguns in mind. :)

Back