best quality ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ted miller

Inactive
I'm looking for the best quality ammo to fire in my new S&W 686. I'm new to this caliber (.38 and .357 mag) and want something not tooo expensive and clean to fire at the range, and a good stoppping power .357 for HD. thanks for your help.
ted

Buy the reloaded 3D ammunition that they sell at the gun range, it should not cost more than $12 a box. That is a good light practice round. For defense in a .357, any quality jacketed hollow point will do. That gun really has no special requirement. The key here is practice as much as possible.

Robert

The best is Fiocchi brand. This company
really knows how to make good centerfire
ammo, particularly for pistols and revolvers.
It's also not expensive for
popular calibers like .357 mag and stuff...

Check out proload ammo. They have a web site proload.com that has all kinds of good info along with a secure server to order from. Their prices over the web are extremly good.

For personal defense ammo get the 357mag 125gr JHP. This ammo is the #1 357 going, just get enough to practice and train with.

I second ProLoad ammo. They are obsessed with quality control. Incredibly accurate, high quality components (Gold Dot bullets), little to no muzzle flash, and fairly priced.

Ah, a third recommendation for Proload from me as well.. Great company and great ammo... Definately check them out...

Practice with whatever ammo matches the weight of your carry ammo. If you carry 125 grain ammo, practice with 125 grain ammo. Also remember to practice with at least one box of your carry ammo. For carry in the .357, go with the Winchester Silvertip HP 125 gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back