Best Pocket Auto??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob S

I have a mustang pocketlite single action auto in .380, and am considering trading it for something DAO. I've always heard great things about Seecamps, and am also curious about Kel Tech, NAA Guardians, Colt Pony, or any other gun that fits this niche. I'd love to hear about what others have to say about thier favorite pocket autos. Please give me some pros and cons on each gun so I can make an informed decision.

I carry a Kel-Tec P-40 or P-11 every day, right front pocket in a home-made holster. I'm absolutely 100% thrilled with the weight, size, concealability...I'm awaiting a belt-slide from M/D holsters in an effort to make it more accessible during winter.

Drawbacks: you're probably going to have to polish things on this gun to get it right. it's really easy. i tend to be sort of "typical guy" mechanically inclined, meaning i can do basic things, but anything beyond my scope and you can bet i'm going to ruin it! ;) So far, knock on wood, I haven't even been able to ruin the KT. Just polish the feed ramp, the slide rails and keep it greased, and it'll feed anything you want.

Pros: Kel-Tec's service is literally unparalled. They are the nicest, most forgiving service people I have ever seen in any industry, bar *none*.

Biggest pro: price. a price so nice, i bought two, on in .40 S&W and one in 9mm, plus the 357 SIG barrel for the .40.

Capacity in 9mm is 10+1 in a space smaller than a Walther PPK...and with the +1 baseplate, you can have the same capacity in .40 S&W.

If you're REALLY hard up for space, and you need a tiny, tiny package, the KT p-32 is without a doubt the most amazing .32 out there for size and price.

everything you ever wanted to know about KTs: www.ktog.org

------------------
-stark-
http://www.23x.com/stark/guns

The .32 does sound interesting. It apparently only weighs 6oz. Now that's a pocket pistol. Does anyone think you can actually get expansion from these toy pistols?

I have been using a Bersa Series 95 in .380ACP for an under-the-pillow gun as well as a concealment weapon when size is an issue.

Some people may knock the Bersa arms, but for the most part I think because the gun says "Made in Argentina", instead of Made in America. Of all the .380 autos I have used in shot but eventful life (i.e., PPK, PPK/S, EAA, Colt, etc.) the Bersa has the best trigger and has been fully reliable with about 1000 rounds of all different types.

You may hear different, but my experience has been good. Give Bersa a shot if this gun appeals to you. You won't be disappointed

------------------
"By His stripes we are healed..."

PeterGunn

Peter,
I agree I had a 13 round Bersa, and it was great. the only problem I had was getting magazines for it.

Whatever you do dont get a glock for a pocket pistol. If yopu want an auto, make sure it has a manual safety. I knew a cop who carried a glock 26 in his pocket until diging for his keys one day the keys hung up on the trigger, and shot off one of his toes.

------------------
10MM Magnum.... tried the rest, now I got the best

Blew his toe off, eh? Darwin strikes again! As you are able to use a computer, i guess you already know this, but a gun belongs in a holster. Pocket holster or not though, nothing else goes in the gun pocket except the gun. Man, how dumb do you have to be?

As for a pocket gun, I carry an NAA Guardian. They are too expensive for most people. Most think they ought to cost the same as a zinc pocket auto. As with most things, you get what you pay for. I love my Guardian and carry it all the time.

As for the Kel-Tecs, people who have them like them. They are much cheaper. Never shot one.

Kahr MK9 fits perfectly. 9mm will do the job if I do mine. Its shoots where I aim and it goes bang everytime I pull the trigger. People say its too heavy but then people say I'm too heavy. I can live with it...

The NAA Guardian .32ACP has developed quite a good reputation for reliability. It is a bit pricey, at $381. I have never heard a bad thing about them, a reason I purchased one myself a few weeks ago.

However, mine is currently back at the manufacturer. I must have gotten a lemon, because out of the first 100 rounds of CCI Blazer and Hydra-Shok, I had 20 misfires and failures to feed. Not good. Not good at all.

NAA supposedly has great customer service and I'm anxiously awaiting its return. :)

DWM

I have had a Guardian for over a year and put about 300 rounds through it. Mostly cheap UMC hardball for practice and matches (I sometimes use it in IDPA "Back-up Gun" matches) but also some Winchester Silvertips. I had a few failures to feed during the first 50 rounds. Broke it down and removed all that gooey lube they put in it at the factory. Lubed it with Rem-oil and it's run slick as a whistle ever since.

By the way, I don't know of ANY manufacturer with better service than NAA!

Mikey

Howdy:
I have a Kel-Tec P11, that dates 1996.
I mention this, since I think taht the date really mathers.
I purchased mine USED, and have sofar shot 150 rounds, and NO failures.
I understand that this is not much, but time will tell.
I like:

Factory, and Service Center A++++++
Size A+
Feel (Med.sized Hand) Good
(With Mag. Extension)

Recoil: NO PROBLEM!
Sites: Just OK!
Acuracy: Remarkable
Ease of service: My 6 Year Old could do it!
Finish: Oh Boy....could be better.
Price: NOBODY can beet that one.

Good luck Snakeman

You can fit all of these into your pocket:
S&W Titanium .32 Mag (6 shooter)
Kahr MK-9
Walther .25 or .22
Beretta Tomcat 3032
Bersa 380
FEG 380 or KBI-380
Taurus 85 or PT-111 or PT-22,25
Ruger SP-101
Glock 26 & 27
Kel-Tec
If you need the address for any of these, let me know.

Ben

I've carried a Seecamp 32 for about 3 years. Winter time (about 2 months) it's a backup for my Sig 228. But it's always there in it's little pocket holster. I've run about a dozen rounds thru it a month for this time and no problemos. You bet it was expensive but I figured if I ever needed to do some serious work I didn't want to be worrying if the factory would cure some "one time" misfire for my heirs. You usually get what you pay for, except where taxes are oncerned.

Go for the Colt Pony .380 Pocketlite and/or the NAA Guardian .32. Both are great little guns. Love them both. Highly concealable, reliable and accurate.

------------------
DAH BIG DAWG'S ON DUTY

Bob S

If you like the mustang then get the colt pocketlite in a DAO they make them both ways. I shot one last weekend but did not like the DAO It felt weird to me. I might just need to get used to it.

How do you carry your mustang cocked and locked, one in the chamber but with the hammer down or half cock, or not chambered?

Thanks

Hades

I carry it one in the chamber, hammer down, I posted a thread several days ago to see if this was a safe method, basically, it is, but most people felt cocked and locked would be better. (not for me in my pocket!) You might want to check out that tread, Im sure it is still up, If you go back a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back