Best optics Glock 20 gen 5

Unique

Recently picked up a Glock model 20 gen 5 and wandering which optics do most people consider the best.
HolosunSCS
Steiner MPS
Or Aimpoint ACRO ???

Disclaimer: I know very little first hand experience with this topic.

That said, there's getting to be a LOT of handgun optics out there and for the bargain minded folk I see blemished models on a semi-regular basis for what looks like good prices.

Friends tell me even the modestly priced optics stand up to recoil so you don't have to pay premium prices for that any more.

They also tell me that battery life is now very, very good as in change the battery once a year on your birthday.

One friend has a Crimson Trace (I'd say CT is middle of the road quality wise but please correct me if you have a different opinion) that I found interesting. The CT red dot does NOT have an on/off switch and does NOT have a manual brightness control. You pick it up, it senses the motion and turns on. It checks the ambient light level and adjusts its own brightness. I shot it at an indoor range and thought it was too bright but that might just be me.

While I don't have a lot of experience I HAVE had a red dot on my Ruger Mark II for a LOT of years and like it a lot. Particularly now that I am getting 'old eyes'.

What the OP really needs is somebody that's tried a lot of optics, especially the newer, cheaper, ones and can make recommendations about quality and features they like and features they might think are just gimmicks or not really useful.

Anybody have opinions about NcSTAR, Firefield, TruGlo (all these I would say are 'budget' maybe 'cheap'), Burris, BSA, Crimson Trace, AT3, SightMark, Sig Sauer, (middle expensive) verses top of the line like Holosun, Trijicon, EOTech?

Lots of these and more can be seen at:
https://www.opticsplanet.com/red-do...in-deal.html?_iv_page=3&_iv_sort=lowest-price

So, opinions?

Do not put a cheap red dot on your 10mm handgun. You'll just frustrate yourself.

I have a Glock 30S and it destroyed 2 DeltaPoint Micro red dots. Leupold actually gave me a full refunded after the 2nd one failed the same as the 1st: the front window came out and it lost all tracking. Leupold is a quality brand (I have their scopes on a couple rifles and they are generally worth the money). I put a lot of ammo through that gun with those sights, but in my opinion, I couldn't trust my life to it and got my money back and am running with iron sights. This is my carry piece.

I also have a Glock 19 with a Sig Romeo Zero that's held up well, but wouldn't think to put that on a 10mm.

Back