Best non-UPS way to ship a handgun?

• Thread starter Thread starter faiello5
  • Start date Start date
F

faiello5

Given UPS' recent change regarding the shipping of handguns, what is now the best & least expensive legal way to ship a handgun across state lines for a private sale?

Frank

Frank,

There is a way to ship UPS and not have to use overnight services. If it is a automatic, ship the gun in two boxes and use second day air. You may want to check with RPS, but I do not know what their gun policy is. Personally, I am avoiding UPS all together, they obviously do not like us. Why should we give them our business.

Robert

I understood that it is illegal to ship a gun across state lines unless it is FFL to FFL. Maybe that's only handguns, I'm not sure. But for that, USPS Express Mail works great.

I was in a local shop today and was told I could ship a gun to H&K (through the USPS)for $15. That sounds pretty reasonable to me. Of course the shop has to ship it. Shake

The good old U.S. Mail is the cheapest way and is perfectly legal if you follow the rules. If you don't know the rules you have no business doing it until you find out.

------------------
TJS

Tim, what are the rules for shipping a handgun USPS, or where can I find them? Thanks.

Frank

I need to ship a S&W pellet rifle to be repaired. Am I corect that I am not breaking any policies from anyone since it is only a pellet rifle? I would think if you ship it via a Mailbox Etc. store they would be able to pack it correctly and ship it legally.

Back