Best Nitride bcg?

atm1

Inactive
Ive ssen a few nitride bcgs for around 90$ (Brownells, Apoc, Prime Weapons, PSA, Toolcraft), then some for around 130$ (Aero Precision, Odin Works) and then some for around 170$ (Ranier Arms, Noveske). There are debates between the different materials used in these bolts and I'm no metallurgist. I assume they are all milled correctly. Is there a discernable difference between in quality and reliability between different carrier manufacturers and or materials used?

Last edited:
I don't know if there is, but I used a Prime Weapons bcg when I built my AR several years ago. It works well, no issues. I think in many instances that the metallurgy does not surpass the marketing.

"Best??" Spend accordingly. Actually worth what you pay? Go with names you trust, AERO, Primary, wtc etc. BCGs are not rocket surgery, don't buy junk....

There's no 'best' anything. A nitride bcgs is just a nitride coated bolt carrier . Who did the coating may matter, but the carrier itself does not. The different prices are mostly based on the name of the seller.

I'm probably going to go with a rainier arms or the odin works bcg. They seem like they have good qc.

Last edited:
Back