Best match gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PL

Inactive
I have been a hunter most of my life but have never really had a use for a handgun but I have seen a few programs on TV latley that had match pistol shooting. I noticed that most of the guns that were being used were the colt 1911 style pistols. I have been reading this forum for a little while and notice everyone really seems to like Sigs, berettas,H&Ks, and Glocks. My questions are why did I not see or here these guns mentioned during the programs? Do people use these brands for match or are they mostly a defence type gun? If they are used which ones are the best for match shooting? Could it be possible that it depends on who is putting on the competition?

Most shooters use the 1911 and its variants (STI, STV, PARA, CASPIAN, etc.) because it is a single action gun thus has a very short & light trigger pull and offers quick follow-up shots, they the most customized gun ever and there are hundreds of quality aftermarket parts makers and excellent gunsmiths around the world. The 1911 is a large frome gun and thus will take most any size cartridge from a 9mm parabellum to the 45ACP & longer 10mm. Bottom line is a very versatile gun which has proven itself over the years and nothing come close as a basis for a competition large caliber pistol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back