Best Large Safe for the Money

My local Rural king has a 48"wide model for $600.

Is it a good safe? It has a big combo and looks pretty....

Good safes will cost more money, however if what you will be storing is valuable enough it's worth it, and it's a lifetime purchase. Liberty makes good firearms safes, just google the website. I recommend buying a size up from what you believe you'll need, just in case. The best ones are all made in the USA.

Ft. Knox. I've had a Guardian 600 for many years. It is not indestructible but it sure seems like it is. Very heavy, very good looking, great quality, long gun racks and shelves for handguns and handgun racks, ammo, optics, or other valuables. It takes several people and heavy equipment to move it. Ft. Knox safes are expensive but not as expensive as the guns and optics it protects.

Are you looking for anti-theft and fire protection or merely keeping items from kids?

For the former, you want Liberty, AMSEC, or other top brands with the ratings desired. Get one able to hold about 50% more than you currently have now. Also remember that whatever the quantity they say a safe can hold - if any of your guns have scopes, AR grips or similar, you will have maybe half the capacity.

Look at Costco. We bought a '3 kid safe' (6' x 4' x 2') that was very similar spec wise to a Liberty safe for about half their cost.

You are in luck in the DFW area. These guys are just outside Waco.

http://www.securityproducts1.com/main_page.html

They will usually deliver on their way to a gun show in DFW.

I have the 6242. (60 tall. 42 wide. 24 deep). 1/4" steel all around with the key lock system. 1/4" steel plate is way heavier than what you usually find.

It's is a serious gun safe and, an outstanding locking system. Please take a look at them and buy Texas if you can.

You can message this member about safes. Its his business and he helped me and I purchased a safe through him. He won't steer you wrong.
Member is a1abdj. Good luck in the safe hunt

Back