Best Kydex holster?

LASur5r

I'm trying to check out which kydex holster is the best...(in your experience?)
I hear Hellweg is good, but they don't seem to have any holsters available for H & K USP compacts (.40cal.)
Then there's Blade Tech, KyTac,Springbok, Mad Dog...there's too many to choose from. Help!!!
Don't you love it though? The fact that we do have a lot to choose from.
Please post if you have had any experience with any of the above listed holsters...I need your help.
Thank you for your response.

My experience is limited to Blade-Tech's holsters, mag and Sure Fire carriers. So far, I've been extremely pleased.

I recently purchased a SIG P225 and was going to order a holster from MadDog, but found out (from their website) that they did not make a holster for the 225. No problem...I ordered another vertical belt scabbard, single and dbl mag carriers from Blade-Tech. Only down side is delivery...its been almost a month. When I called Blade-Tech to check on the delay, it was explained that due to a mass of DOD and other govt orders coming in (end of fiscal year ya know...got to obligate all those funds now or face a reduction in budget next year), production and delivery are ammed up.

Bottomline, I highly recommend Blade-Tech's products.

Good luck,
Mike

I've had some experience with Blade-Tech and Ky-Tac.

I used to carry my pistols in Rosen ARGs until I tried the Ky-Tac Braveheart. To me it's extremely comfortable and it hides my full size 1911 very well.

It doesn't shift so your pistol is right where you placed it and right where it should be when you begin your draw stroke.

It's what I use to conceal carry my firearms now. I picked up a couple of them from http://www.skdtac.com/ who is a distributor of Ky-tac and could have exactly what you're looking for instead of having to wait.

Hope this helps,
Ross T.

just check out who uses what holsters in competitve forums, in IDPA, Blade-Tech is far and away the leader. Why? because it works...

I haven`t tried em all but I`m very impressed with my Kytac Braveheart. It`s very well made,secure,fast,comfy and lets me carry a P-97 under an untucked t-shirt with ease. Even though it was only the second one Dave made for the P-97 (the first was for Mas Ayoob) delivery was only 2 weeks. I wouldn`t hesitate to buy from him again. Marcus

Ed beat me to the punch...

Mike Benedict's Talon Tactical products, and his service are first-rate.

SA Scott

I'm a big fan of the Comp-Tac line. I've got the Locking Paddle for IDPA and an IWB for carry, and both of them are high quality and a touch less expensive than the Blade Tech equivalents. http://www.comp-tac.com

Jarhead out.

------------------
USMC/NRA/GOA/TSRA

I only have the KyTac .5, a belt slide type. I don't like IWB in kydex or leather. I picked KyTac because that brand was used by over 50% of the competitors in a national IDPA match, I don't recall which one. It is really a great holster, I'm not sure how any other kydex could beat it. In addition, Mr. Elderton crafts them by hand and they have a certain "handmade" appeal, and his customer service is very good, quickly answering E-mails and the like.

------------------
Shamans emerge whenever certain needs remain unanswered...Mark Levy

I use the Blade Tech IWB for my G27, along with a kydex mag case. Very comfortable in the heat, reholstering is easier than a leather rig.

I have been wearing a Blade Tec scabbard for three year along with a mag pouch and Surefire scabbard. I highly recommend them. If you are on a budget don't rule out Fobus. My dad has a paddle holster and you can't beat it for the price.

------------------
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

I've got limited experience with a Springbok Speedshell Plus IWB with a full size 1911. I have found it to be both comfortable and comforting as well. It has an adjustable tensioning screw. No snaps or belt loops. Pretty simple design. Works well for me.

I don't do Kydex mind you... being a leather kind of guy. But from what I've seen I'd have to go with the forums Moderator, Scotts's company - Edge Works.

Good stuff!

------------------
Schmit
GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

LASur5r,
We are firm believers in the Ky-Tac Braveheart- it's difficult to find someone using a different IWB after owning a BH. We've been through a whole mess of IWBs, including some name brand kydex, before experiencing Ky-Tac gear. If you've carried IWB before, you've probably experienced your gun angle shifting through the course of the day. The BH's Rok-Lok arm keeps the same angle all day long.

While we don't have any USP Compact BHs in stock, I'd recommend you contact Dave Elderton directly (www.kytac.com) and discuss what he can do for you. We don't sell gear that we don't absolutely believe in, and the Ky-Tac Braveheart is in our opinion the finest IWB available.

------------------
SKD Tactical Accessories
www.skdtac.com
Your source for hard-core, no-bs gear.

Back