Best holster for GSSF

andersencs

I joined the GSSF recently and plan to shoot a couple of competitions this summer. I normally carry my G26 in a Galco FED padle holster. It takes me a fraction of a second to unsnap the thumb break and present the weapon but I wonder if there are faster or better holsters for competition in GSSF or IPDA.

Just about any quality Kydex holster that meets the requirements of IDPA will be fine, and plenty fast.

It is practice that makes a fast presentation possible much more so than the holster.

If you are exercising your carry gun in IDPA, use your carry holster. Don't get used to something else you will not wear daily. I shoot from open top Kydex at IDPA and that is what I carry in.

Doesn't matter in GSSF. The holster is only used for carry from place to place, you do not draw under the clock. All stages are started gun in hand.

Thank you sir>

Thanks for the info and advice. I've carried a sidearm legally since 1989 and I've never had to draw it other than at home while practicing presentation with an empty weapon.

You Don't Use A Holster In GSSF

All the strings of fire start with the gun out. Most people just use a range bag to bring the gun to the firing line. If you use a holster, you have to have the slide locked back any time the gun is in the holster.

Bruce

Back