Best holster for a woman?

poboyspecial

Inactive
This is a very serious question. I understand that it depends on the make and model of the weapon, however, here is the situation. Most women I have talked to agree that IWB holsters are uncomfortable, some belt holsters are OK, but are bulky for the most part. Shoulder or cross-draw rigs are very practical or easy to use with women's shirts, blouses, etc...
So that leaves me with the question.... What the heck is good choice in holsters for a woman? I have bought several myself to give to my wife as a present, but none of them seem to fit the bill. She even tried the flashbang holster. http://flashbangstore.com/

Any ideas or suggestions? I would love for a woman to provide a REAL answer to this problem.

For the sake of argument, let's say a holster for a Glock 42 (.380)

It's truly hard to find a holster that works. I have gone through so many it's ridiculous.
I have finally found a holster that works for me and have ordered several for different guns I have.
Very minimalistic which keeps the bulk out of your pants so you don't look deformed having a small waist on one side and a big bulge in the other.
Lightweight and comfortable. I carry my Glock 43 the most and it conceals under even the most fitted and lightweight tops.
I carry AIWB
https://www.cooksholsters.com/inside-waist-band-trigger-guard-carry/

My wife uses a Remora with a Sig P238, either in her waist band or in a separate pocket of her purse. It is sticky enough that it stays fairly well oriented in her purse.

But by all means, do some reading at corneredcat.com

I ordered my wife a flashbang holster awhile back, she tried it and didn't like it at all. didn't stay in place and was hard to draw from. she returned it. she now uses a smartcarry or a simple Uncle Mikes clip on IWB holster. don't go with any off body holsters like purse carry etc. Remember the rule "maintain control of your firearm"

v-fib

My wife didn't like the flash bang holster either (the one the attaches to the bra) she said it was uncomfortable and a pain to get it just right. She now mainly uses an IWB kydex holster from that same company.

Last edited:
My fiancée has a Glock 42 and never wears a belt can't pocket carry because her pants fit too tight. I had to find her a holster that had a very strong clip that she could just slip over her pants and it stay secure. The holster I landed at was the Tagua IWH. For a cheap holster it works surprisingly well, although I'm probably going to have to cut a little bit of it away to allow her to get a proper grip. It can also be carried either IWB or OWB.

I'm also going to buy her a pair of Undertech Undercover yoga pants.

Wouldn't even think about buying stuff like that for a woman, myself. Take her shopping and let her pick what she wants/likes and try it on.
"...yoga pants..." What are yoga pants?

She loves those kind of pants, has a bunch of them that have no built in provision for carrying a gun so they looked like a good idea to me. Company Size guides and doing her laundry one day help make that decision easier too.

It's been pretty difficult finding a way for her to carry regularly that fits her wardrobe. She seems to like open carry too but I won't get her a holster that doesn't have some excellent active retention built in and I doubt she will want to go through my run down of weapons retention techniques. And retention holster for the G42 are slim pickings.

On the subject of the Flashbang hoslter: My wife looked at it and her comment was, "It looks like a way to make a properly fitting bra into a badly fitting bra."

Corneredcat.com, I'm telling you.

There are several companies that make specific holsters for the ladies and many custom makers can adapt their offerings to fit the female form.
Not being a smart ars, but in this case Google can be your friend. Good luck.

TailGator,
Your wife is a smart woman. She nailed it on the head about the Flashbang and what it does to a bra. Most women don't understand that your support comes from the band and not the straps.

I appreciate all the great suggestions. I forgot to mention that she hardly every wears a belt... so that naturally limits things. I would suggest a purse carry, but it takes valuable time to pull it out and use it, unless you practice a whole lot (Yes I know that is recommended)
She liked the Cancan site... there is hope!

Back