Best hollow point 9mm mould?

I would say that there are a couple of three molds from MP, NOE, and possibly if you want to spend the money, Hollow Point Mold Service, that are about as good as you can get. I know that you can get a couple of different bullet designs from each as well. The thing about HPMS is that he takes a mold you have already purchased and then turns it into a HP version. It is just about as cheap to simply get one already made into that configuration.

Do a little shopping on the NOE site, and then check out the MP versions over on Castboolits in the Group Buy section. You might look in the Closed Buys and in the Results sections as well. You really cannot go wrong with either of these.

I haven't tried many 9mm molds, but I have dropped a bunch from the NOE 358-135-RF BB and once you get it hot, it drops em like rain. It's a very easy casting mold. I sold it to a fellow who had never used a HP mold and he found it very easy to use as well.

NYE011_zps72b1d6f0.jpg

NOE just had a huge 4th of July sale and the shelves are pretty bare, but they'll be restocking soon. :)

I've been running the same style of 120-135 gr bullets for about 18 years now.

When I finally decided to get a mold to cast my own, the NOE SC357-135-RF was the closest match. (135 gr solid, >/=126 gr HP)**

I must admit, however, that I have not yet cast with this mold. I opted for the RG4 version (4-cavity HP), and I'm not going to dive in with this thing until I can consistently get some other RG2 molds to work well.
It's not the molds -- it's just me having been 'out of the game' for about 4 years, adjusting to new tools, and having never run anything but Lyman-style HP molds before.

**(It looks like all but the brass RG2 have sold out for the HP versions of the mold; but several solid versions are in stock.)

I have been using a Lyman mold. It throws bullets that I can size to 0.357" and the cast weight with the alloy that I use is 135 gr. with a BHN of 8-9.

Give good expansion at just a tad over 1000 fps.

Lyman%20356637_5501_zps5sakhced.jpg

Back