Best electronic earmuffs

Brutus

Bought a set of Peltor Tactical Pro's, they work really great but boy, they are heavy and get very uncomfortable after about a half hour. Not to mention very hot in this summer weather. Can anyone recommended a better setup?

What's your budget?
Rifle or handgun? (ie.; fat earmuff make shooting some rifles difficult)

I am working on a slihgly different setup.

They have a kind of hearing aid/sound spike suppressor plug in the ear (I am pretty comforatle with that setup as I do foam and ear muffs)

I can take the muffs off and still have the sound boost and hearing for conversation.

Snuff it like the ear muff type do if I forget the outer hearing part.

What I have is a dual system now. Annoyance was the units I got quit working, will try again.

Would like to cover both rifle and handgun which is why I bought the Peltors rated at 28db. I believe. What are the price ranges? Hopefully under $300

I've been doing fine with a set from Caldwell.

I SAID I'VE BEEN USING CALDWELL!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D:

I use an am/fm radio head set that I got from lowes. It is a "construction radio ear muff. Yellow color.

Works great and I shoot several different calibers of rifles and handguns.

Purchased it for some lawn work around the house and sawing. It quit working as a radio about the time the ear muffs from local gun stores proved to be inadequate for shooting. I gave it a try as a shooting muff and it worked.

Actually have two of them. One that works as a radio and the broken one. The broken one has the short antenna cut off. I think they were around 50 bucks each and minus my 10% military discount.

Walker's Game Ears and Peltors are two of the best when comparing db reduction, amplification and comfort.

I bought a pair of Peltors a few weeks ago and am extremely pleased with them. Highly recommend them.

Don

Back