Best defense carbine round?

I use either a .44Mag Winchester Trapper w/silvertips or a .45LC Winchester Trapper w/CCI Blazers. The 30-30 is too loud inside and it holds fewer rounds. A very good case could be made for either though. 30-30 or .44/.45. Since I am setup to reload for the .44 and .45, I prefer them over the 30-30. Simple reason is I shoot them more often because I reload for them and the local indoor range permits pistol caliber rifles.

It all depends, If animals are on the agenda, you cant beat the ole 45-70. if people are on the agenda, you cant go wrong with a good 7.62.

Yeah, and 7.62x39 can be found cheap in steel-cored stuff, which is optimal for defeating body-armored violence-threatening invaders (BAVTIs).

.44 or .30-30?

I prefer the .30-30, It allows penetration and range when/if needed. Capacity? If one cannot hit an assailant with five rounds one needs more practice, IMO.

That said, I want both. :)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Futo Inu:
Yeah, and 7.62x39 can be found cheap in steel-cored stuff, which is optimal for defeating body-armored violence-threatening invaders (BAVTIs).[/quote]

Where can this be found? I thought it was banned by BATF after Olympic Arms came out with a pistol in 7.62x39, making the armor defeating ammo illegal to import. Just curious, I enjoy a variety of ammo, but the Russian HP and FMJ currently available is lead core in steel cases.

------------------
Some people have a way with words. Others not have way.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Erik:
.44 or .30-30?

I prefer the .30-30, It allows penetration and range when/if needed.
[/quote]

At defense ranges, wouldn't the 44 Magnum achieve greater penetration?

Hueco

Back