BEST DEAL ON DECENT SHOTGUN

RON 1

Have not owned a shotgun in years but now I want one just to have, may never shoot it but then again you never know.Anyway who has the best value on either a pump dbl or auto..

Based on your criteria,IMHO, best value for the price is Mossbergs. Especially if it is not going to get a lot of heavy use. Very nicely priced.

Go to your local wally world, dicks sporting goods or k-mart. you can pick up an remington plain jane 870 express magnum for between 150 to 250 depending on your locale. it's an extremely rugged and reliable shotgun. Otherwise, go mossburg 500, 590.

If you are not going to shoot it much, I agree with the advice above. Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 Express.

If you do decide to start shooting, remember that you get what you pay for.

Bud

Ron, If your looking for a shotgun to deer hunt with, I will make you a good deal on a Remington 11-87 deer gun N.I.B unfired with walnut stock and forarm. $500 plus shipping. Just e-mail me if interested. Good luck with what ever you decide to get.

In the realm of pumps. . .

Remington, Mossberg and Winchester all make good, reliable guns that shouldn't be much over $300 NIB. If you have a friend with an FFL, you can get a Win 1300 for about $210-$230, depending on where you buy.

Also, AIM surplus has sales (from time to time) of used police 870's. They usually run $160, when you can find them.

Ben

Go with the Remington Express. It has a steel receiver, which is stronger than the aluminum receiver on most pumps in its price range, and is mechanically the same as the regular 870. The price is low because of the unpolished finish, and the hardwood, instead of walnut, stock. The beauty of this gun is in its function!

Back