Best Custom Leather Gun Belt?

BigMike

Having never owned a custom leather gun belt, I am looking to do so at this time as my current(regular dress) leather belt is wearing out.

I would like a belt that is sturdy, is a dress belt and looks good. Does anyone have experience with metal lined belts? How well did it wear? Longevity? Best experiences? How thick? There are as many options for belts as there are for holsters. ANY experiences would be helpful, thanks!

Mike

BEST IS PERSONAL

But really really good, IMNSHO&E, is (my) Hellweg 1.5" in black, and my tan 1.75" Bianchi B21.

Don't know if it is happy coincidence or what, but I can back WeShoot on both of these belts. The Hellweg is a little like a 2X4 when it is new, but if you don't use a bunch of softeners on it, and only give it a light coat of Lexol every six months or so, it will eventually take a set to your waist, and last....well, I don't know how long, yet. Going on six years with mine, and it still serves well. I'm on my second Bianchi, now at twelve years. First one lasted for fifteen. They can be equalled, but they can't be bettered.

My wife bought me a couple of Rafter gunbelts and matching holsters for my birthday..

Mine is all made from shark skin, though they offer several other choices. (Including cow leather) The fellow who made my stuff told me that he had worn a shark skin belt for the last 10 years, and it's STILL got a long way to go before "retirement". I have no doubt that this stuff will outlast me. Rafter's "ostrich" skin looks awfully nice as does their alligator and elephant models. Aw, it ALL looks nice! They've got a website with good pictures. Type "Rafter Gunleter" into search and have a look.
The 1.25 in. brown shark skin belt for my J-frames is beginning to "break-in", but the black, 1.5 in. belt for my Glock 27 has a "ways to go". Actually, I'm a little surprised. The Glock is VERY comfortable to carry all day long in the Rafter set-up. (The belt is SO good that I think it would be possible [and "comfortable"] to carry two Glocks--one on each side.)
Rafter makes only two types of holsters. One for gunbelt use and one for IWB use. RJ Hedley makes the best pocket holsters, but Rafter and Graham make the best "belt" holsters.

KR

Back