Best claybird thrower

For backyard funsy stuff, the Do-All gets decent reviews.

Another option is to see if you can find a used thrower from a regular club; they are typically built to be more durable.

Take a look at the Do All Raven electric trap. I comes with wheels on it and from the ones I've seen at the range the drive motor is larger.
The motor is larger than the one on my White Wing and not sensitive to voltage drops like the White Wing.

I followed the lead of one of the shooters and started using a 50 foot extension cord. On my setup all connections have to be very tight and soldered terminals. The Raven is not that sensitive.
The White Wing will hold 25 birds and needs assembly.
The raven holds 50 birds and the cage for the birds slips on to stud on the trap.

The Raven from Amazon is about $284
The White Wing $278.

Backyard trap

For backyard Trap.....which I do mostly by myself or one friend, I use a foot operated thrower.
Pete

I bought an Aerial Assault 3 two years ago and have been very pleased with it. I got that one because it is capable of the highest velocity I could find. I also got a cordless remote so I can walk around to get any angle of shot. I have only had to adjust it once after about 1800 targets when it started breaking some targets and it has been fine since. I set mine in one of those four wheel yard carts and it and the battery and several boxes of clays fit.

One guy has wired up some timers from ebay, he presses the start switch and 4 to 5 seconds later the clay is launched.

Gotta set up something like that, the foot switch is getting old fast!

Last edited:
Back