Best AR for 950 or Less

Dirk21

Inactive
Bushmaster, Colt, Olympic, or what I have wanted to own one for year and am prepared to take the plunge. I have about 8 AR15 30 round mags already so it must use them. You folks are the best and most honest. Thanks in Advance!!!

I have a Colt Match Target HBAR M6700 I bought last year - stole it actually for $750. The reason I post is I wish I had put in a few hundred more and bought the Bushmaster DCM rifle. Just my opinion...

Mikey

Having seen internal differences between Bushmasters and Colts, I prefer Bushmaster designs...and price difference ($850 vs. $1150 here) doesn't hurt.

[This message has been edited by cornered rat (edited September 07, 1999).]

Bushmaster XM15 has a suggested price of around $750. Good luck finding one. Getting a good price on an AR these days with the SB23 bill in California and the Y2K fears is a good trick. They are getting scarce, and Bushmaster is monthes behind on delivery. They met their yearly production quota in April and are still putting them out as fast as they can.

Look over at http:\\www.ar15.com in the classified section. Also you call Greg Monte at Jersey City Armory, and see if he has any.
Good luck.

I bought a Bushmaster A2 lower with an FN upper with a 20" Wilson HBAR for $785 on Auctionarms.com

I was the highest bidder for this specific rifle, but I have seen others.

I live in CA, and had to get one now or never.

------------------
The Second Ammendment is not about the right to hunt.

Thanks everybody for steering me to the Bushmaster DCM bought it at Bill Goodmans on Saturday and shot 300 rounds through it today. It is awesome and my buddies ALL Colt owners were green with envy at the range!!!

glad to see you are happy with your purchase.
i own both b/master and oly gun's and for the money "under $950" accuracy wise, not talking dcm or match, just plain stock it is the olympic arm's. the have one of the most accurate barrel's out there. and for some reason are rated below the other's. a real sleeper for the money.

Armalite is a new name for Eagle Arms
they bought the right to use the name of the company Stoner worked at.

they produce a good quality rifle
they also produce an eagle arms rifle at a lower price with a shorter warranty than the Armalite.

dZ

I've got an Armalite NM and for the extra money I say it is worth it. I got it for less than a BM DCM gun. The BM is also an excellent gun. These two AR's in a DCM configuration are above the $950.00 that this post mentions, this is probably why they were'nt mentioned.

Joefo

Back