Best Ammo for Kimber Ultra Elite?Help?

chaho

I just went out and purchesed my NEW Kimber Ultra Elite for $919. I am so Happy ! But I need to find out the Best Ammo for it (most accurate cleanest) for both target and personal defense. Also, I bought a set of Red CARBON/KEVLAR grips from Carbon Creations for $40. Are the grips worth it(did I get ripped off) and would they make a difference?
I do not want to hear Kimber Jams and springfield is great. Thanks.

------------------

chaho, I use GeorgiaArms ammo in most of my handguns, including the Kimber PRO Elite. You'll have to try a few different kinds of ammo to find what works best for your Ultra Elite. I've found that what usually works for me besides the GeorgiaArms stuff is the CCI Blazer for good, yet cheap ammo(not for reloading) and Speer Gold Dot and Federal. Good luck......Dan in GA

The grips are great and you got a good deal. They are STRONG and seem to contain magazine detonations completely.

Ammo..........I've had two Ultra Elites in my hands for ammo development. Both shot low, regardless of load (I took one down to 500fps with 230g to get point of aim. Had to be hand-cycled though.).
Best bet is 200/230g JHP+P loads; anything slower won't give enough penetration.
Suggest sticking with 230g ball, start cheap and work up price-wise until you get your desired performance (accuracy, controlabillity, reliability).

The loads I ended up selling used 230g Golden Sabers at 700fps. One owner changed rear sight to give more range for adjusting point of impact.

Nice guns.......100% reliable with every bullet weight and shape; only had cycling difficulty when loads got under 620fps.

------------------
"All my ammo is factory ammo"

I shot a variety of brands, weights, etc. but my Ultra Elite like the Horandy 200 gr SXt the best. Off a bench rest, it consistently had 1 3/8" groups. Second choice was 185gr silvertips.For some reason, it hated Cor-bon (both 185 & 230gr) with groups closer to 4".

If you're looking for ammo with a lot of thump to it, I'd probably go with Cor-Bon's 230-gr flavor. I believe that checks in at right around 1000 fps, which means that whatever (or whoever) is on the other end is DEFINITELY going to know that the bullet has arrived.

Congratulations on your new pistol! Is that the one that's two tone melted? I was almost ready to get out my wallet for one a year ago. Super nice looking piece.

If you like the pistol stocks, $40 is around the average I've paid for aftermarket decent looking stocks so I think you got a good deal.

I like paramilitary ammo in my 45s, particularly Winchester/USA white box. Remington is second, Federal is wa-ay back. You'll need to check to see which type your Kimber prefers.

Gold Dot by Speer or Golden Sabre by Remington is good performance ammo, again, you'll need to try some different brands to see which one meets your standards. HTH

------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel! BigG
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1785
We don't have a chaplain here, but I don't view that as any major problem... You can rest assured
that you will not go in that bag until I've said a few appropriate words over you
R. Lee Ermy as Sgt Major Haffner, from The Siege of Firebase Gloria
If you have to shoot a man, shoot him in the guts. It may not kill him... sometimes they die slow, but it'll paralyze his brain and arm and the fight is all but over Wild Bill Hickok

DaninGa,Weshoot2,Blunder,Boblocke,BigG.
I am going to the range today with
CCI Blazer 230GR. TMJ
Win USA 230GR. FMJ
Federal HYdra-shok 230GR. JHP
I will be shooting three guns:
Kimber Ultra Elite
Glock 30
Srpingfild V-10 compacte light weight
I will tell you how I did.
Oh, I ordered ProLoad Ammo both FMJ & JHP+P ?

------------------

Back