Best all around suppressor for Rem. 700/.308?

BADMAN400

New to suppressors. Need some help/advice from you silencer sages out there. Not sure if I'll take the ATF plunge again, but if I do, what would be the best all around "bang for the buck" for a can to go on a REM 700 SPS TACT 308 THREADMUZ TACTICAL ACC-SD?

•Bolt-action •Features 5/8-24 threaded muzzle & installed thread protector •Accepts all AAC® & 5/8-24 threaded flash hiders, muzzle breaks & suppressors •Tactical rifling •Externally adjustable X-Mark Pro® Trigger System (Set at 3-1/2 lbs.) •Hogue® Overmolded Ghillie Green™ pillar bedded stock •OAL: 39-5/8" •Wt.: 7.3 lbs. •Twist: 1:10" for 168 gr. bullets & sub-sonic loads.

I'm picking this one up today: :cool:
http://www.ellettbrothers.com/ItemDetail.asp?iID=0131106

Thanks guys!

That's 4 votes today for the AAC.

Still researching learning.

Just picked up the rifle today and put the Redfield 3-9 X 50mm on it. :D

Go visit the gun and squeeze the forend, it is to flexy on my Howa the weight of the silencer alone was enough to make the stock flex enough to put pressure on the barrel and move the point of aim.

If you like the feel of the Hogue stock get the full aluminum chassis stock not the plastic chassis pillar bedded.

When shooting prone I could just pull the stock tighter to my shoulder and the forend would flex enough to touch the barrel.

When I ordered the rifle I did not know Hogue made two grades of stocks, I had shot the aluminum chassis stock before and liked it. I was able to sell my factory stock on Ebay for about half the cost of the Aluminum chassis stock.

The first outing yesterday. I was very pleased with the accuracy. I don't think the pillar bedding will be a significant impediment to my intended use or likely used range/distance needs. I won't be competing at 1000 yds. Minute of bad guy at 500 yds would probably be the most extreme use I could dream of needing. It will more likely be called upon to stay inside the area of a tennis ball at 200-300 yds at most. 100 yds being the more usual longest shot.

Still on the hunt for the best value on an all around great silencer. It will be mostly used on the REM 700, but I would like to be able to use it on my DSA FAL and/or my .223/5.56 rifles if needed. All advice welcomed and appreciated. :cool:

I have the YHM .308 can on my Howa w/HB and it shoots under moa out to 600 if I do my part the same can also does the same on my remy normal taper barrel (hunting) 700 30-06, and vanguard 7mm mag, again with out a hickup I just maybe David H. firearm but the same result is not so on others regardless you'll have your own results. What is the difference? I do have ALL barrels freefloated and with a bi-pod but the barrel never touches the stock.

Back