Best adjustable sites for my Kimber CDP?

g6t6o

I'm not too fond of what they have on there now, what do you guys suggest? I'm looking to spend about $100-150 for everything:) Thanks!

Just installed a set of MMC's on a Kimber and they work fine. MMC also has quite a variety of colors, bars, dots, etc.

Tried BoMar, MecGar, Millett, Novak, Caspian ghost-ring, EAA Supersight, Pachmayr, but loved my MMC's.

My next 1911 slide will wear MMC's (maybe even -gasp- tritium's).

One reason is that they make a sight specifically for the Kimber. No Bomar cut necessary. Also, I like the looks of the MMC better. Also have had a couple Bomars come apart. No problems with MMC's.

Sam, the BoMar has sharp edges and a narrow slot, while the MMC has protective 'wings' (think S&W M59 rear sight) and a serious notch.

Isn't the Kimber CDP a little carry pistol? Why would you want to put adjustable sights on it?

I just can't see pulling out a little screwdriver and making a dope change in the middle of a gunfight. :)

Matt VDW wrote:

I just can't see pulling out a little screwdriver and making a dope change in the middle of a gunfight.

Matt, that isn't quite the idea! With a good set of adjustable combat sights, you can eliminate the desire to find a round that shoots to point of aim, instead concentrating on other areas such as reliability and accuracy (meaning group size).

Once you have settled on a load, adjust the sights to shoot to POA and forget about them.

Oh yes - my vote goes to MMC also. Here is a pic of my Makarov that wears a set of their sights. This was a custom installation, as the slide had to have dovetail cuts at both ends. Also, MMC does not manufacture a set of their sights for the Makarov. I believe this setup consists of a rear sight for a 9MM S&W, and the front for a Colt. (As mentioned by scout 1, they make a set to fit into the Kimber fixed sight dovetail.) These are Tritium night sights, with 2 red colored rear dots & a single green front dot, they are available in other Tritium configurations as well as 3-dot white & also black. For $150, I think you can get the night sights, $100 would get the black. If you had MMC install them, it would be extra.

View

Back