Best 9mm Suppressed Platform?

fwcofficer

Hi, I have recently become interested in obtaining a suppressor. I think I am going to go with an AAC Evo-9. My question, as stated in the title, is what gun would be the best to suppress? I currently have a GLOCK 17 and 19 and a Sig Sauer P226 9mm. Should I buy a threaded barrel for one (or all) of those or is there a better gun out there to suppress? Also what threads should I get if I do?

Research the barrel options and get whatever thread pitch you can get on all of your compatible guns. The AAC will likely work just fine with all of the pistols you mentioned. Why just suppress one pistol when you can slap it on all three?

If I had to pick one, I would definitely choose the Sig.

The Evo-9 should work fine on either weapon (I have one for my G17), but you may have to make sure you have the internal nielsen device set for the weapon (I think there's a different spring for different weapons - fixed barrel weapons require a special spacer). I think 1/2x28 is standard so you'd be best to stick with that unless you have some special need to use a different threading.

Back