Best .38 Apartment Load?

I agree with Preserve. A non +P HydraShok has reasonable stopping power combined with a reduced over-penetration/carry-through risk.

I would keep a frangible in an apartment. I like the fact that it "probably" won't penetrate thru to your neighbor. I liked what I've seen with the BeeSafe loads.

I read some where a long time ago, that a 148 gr. LHBW seated
upside down flush like a wadcutter load and using soft lead like
Speers bullets make a great defense load, a big hollow point.

Depends on how well you like your neigbors....sometimes i wish i had teflon bullets on my night stand so i can take out the intruder and that damn stereo next door in one shot.....

Also a Glaser fan

Greetings,

I always load one or two Glasers up front, followed by Hydrashocks or Hornady defense ammo.

I had an ND once (.45 ACP), and using Glasers kept it "private" instead of involving the neighbors (by putting a hole in the side of their house). The Glaser entered a TV set and didn't come out the other side. Didn't put a hole in the side of my wall either. Expensive lesson, yes. But no tragedy or embarrassment, except from my wife.:eek:

Stop looking at me that way. I know I'm not the only one here who's shot his TV.

If one or two Glasers isn't sufficient, I figure by then everyone who isn't a Darwin award candidate is on the floor and it's time to try the Hydrashocks. YMMV.

Regards.

:D LEDBETTER:D

"Stop looking at me that way. I know I'm not the only one here who's shot his TV. "

There is at least you and Elvis!

"Thank you.thank you every much.":p

I live in an apartment, and I neither want to shoot my neighbors nor be shot by them through walls. I'm sure many will disagree, but I frankly think it's just plain irresponsible to use anything but frangible bullets in an apartment. I know they're not perfect but I think they are clearly, by far, the best choice for an apartment.

I use 110 gr +P Corbon JHP for this purpose (1225 fps) in a house. With all that energy in so light a hollow point I'm banking on enough expansion for the bullet to stop in just about whatever it hits, and be good stopper. My thoughts may be completely off base though. If anyone's done testing shooting loads like this at a couple layers of drywall, sheathing , and siding, I'd be interested in the results.

Just my thoughts but won't about anything that will enter human flesh go through a sheetrock wall? When I lived in an apartment I was more concerned with laying out my lanes of fire so as not to enter other apartments and give myself the best tactical advantage. Make them funnel themselves to you. Also you can use full bookcases or some such on the walls against which you are firing.
As to the ammo itself, it has to be 100% reliable. From there go with what will do a good job and is very controlable. At apartment ranges you will not have time for a tap-rack-bang, speed will be at the for front of your concerns.
my advice, just what you paid for it.

Back