best 22 subsonic for 10/22 and Walther p22

CCCLVII

I would like to find a subsonic round that will work well in both my 10/22 and my Walther P22.

Is there a sub-sonic 22lr round that will feed fairly reliably in the P22 with a suppressor on it?

I have had good luck with CCI Green Tag match ammo. This ammo remains subsonic in both of my 10/22 rifles.

However I generally reserve subsonic for shooting in my rifles since all but the very fastest 22 ammo is subsonic in my Walther.

CCI standard velocity for the 10/22. It's subsonic in mine.

Ammo doesn't matter for the Walther, it will all be subsonic out of a pistol barrel. Shoot whatever the pistol likes.

The OP should be able to run Standard Velocity CCI in both without problem. There is no need to run the more expensive ammo in his pistol, that's up to him.

Even the high velocity ammo like CCI MiniMags will stay subsonic from the short P22 barrel. The CCI subsonic are a bit oversized and will not chamber well in the 10-22 if it has a match chamber.

I like Winchester Dynapoints as a general purpose std. velocity ammo without being crazy expensive.

Remington Subsonic is horrible ammo, avoid.

PMC Moderators very quiet but too weak to cycle.

Any of the std. velocity loads should work in both.

Even the high velocity ammo like CCI MiniMags will stay subsonic from the short P22 barrel.

I know each gun is different, and my sample has a N of 1, but CCI MiniMags are easily supersonic in my Walther P22 with a Cascade Titanium can.

Most other high velocity ammo is not.

Charles

I tried the Gemtech yesterday... My local shop had 2 boxes in stock. I had 1 fail to extract out of the bunch.

I'm sold on Blazer for the short pistol barrels. It is cheap, reliable and has a low stdev. I have not seen it on my chronograph, but about 1% of them go supersonic. I use CCi standard velocity for the rifles.

lark

Back