Best 1-6 scope

McCarthy

I'm in the market for a 1-6 (1-8.5) scope for my Wilson Combat 20" 308.

These are the requirements:

- Very good optics
- Large FOV
- Magnification = true 1 at lower end
- Illuminated
- Weatherproof

This is my list so far:

Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6x24 $1400
Leupold VX-6 1-6x24mm (30mm) MultiGun CDS $1000
Leupold Mark 6 1-6x20 M6C1 Illum CMR-W 7.62 $2100
Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-8.5x24 BTR-2 Riflescope $2150
Swarovski Z6 1-6x24 $2200

What would you guys choose and why?

I'm sorry I can't be of much help as I don't have any of these but I was looking for one for a long time and heard good things about the vortex and the Swarovski is supposed to be up there in quality. Another consideration would be the SWFA if you wanted to be more budget minded. If not then you could go Schmidt and Bender, USO, or vallada? (IOR) Also reticle consideration is a big question. Bdc or a mil-dot system. Trijicon makes the vcog, which is awesome but heavy. There is also primary arms which is really cool for dirt cheap.

Too many options for a limited search. Fov is similar if they are true 1x zoom. I think your reticle pattern would narrow it down more.

Scope

I like the vortex a lot. I have had it for like 6 months. It has stood up to all the test I have put it through. I have ran the sign thru the woods, water, mud and distance shoots. Find someone you know with the scope an see if they will allow you to take a shot with it.

The vortex and Leupold VX-6 are over half a pound heavier than the Swarovski and Leupold Mark 6. I have no experience with the Bushnell.

I really like the Vortex reticles better than the Leupold but that is pretty much all I shoot so change is hard. I have a bunch of Viper level glass and the Razor 1-6 (gen1) with the MOA reticle.

I am pretty picky so I usually buy for the reticle and features as the glass by all makers is pretty darn close once you move up to the mid range ($600-$1200). Even compared to the $2k-$3k Swarovski all you gain is a little more detail and color in iffy light. As far as the # of features/dollar, you simply can't beat Vortex.

For a hunting rifle that is important. For everything else, You really don't see a return on that investment.

Thanks for the replies guys.

So far my list to choose from turned into this:

Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6x24 $1350
Swarovski 1-6x24 L Z6i 2nd Generation $2550
Leupold Mark 6 1-6x20 M6C1 $2200
Steiner M5Xi Military 1-5x24 $2300
US Optics SR-8C 1-8x RED DOT $2300

If the Razor would be available in black I would have made my decision by now. That bronze / brown is a real turn off for me. Do they have any black option that I’m not aware of?

Are any dealer around or known that are willing to work on the price for the Swarovski 1-6x24 L Z6i 2nd Generation?

I've had a Bushnell 1-8.5 for the last 2 years and I haven't had any issues with it. It is heavy, but my rifle was heavy before the scope. You can find them between $12-1500 and not the msrp of $2150. The lower price point makes them a lot more attractive.

Periodically, I think that 8.5x is too much, but I don't think that when targets get smaller.

Back