Bersa??

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacy38

A fellow officer is selling his Bersa .380. I don't know anything about Bersa. are they any good or just another cheap gun? I don't know the model number.

i have shot one a few times, seems like a well made gun. shoots great for its size, they don't make a lot of different models, just a couple in 380, they sell for about $200 new around here.

------------------
454Casull when it absolutely Has to be destroyed.

It depends on how old the gun is. I've heard that Bersa had problems with QC a few years back, but have mostly gotten their act together.

The Series 95 and the almost identical Thunder Lite (7+1) and Thunder DLX (9+1) are superb weapons for the money. a new Thunder Lite in blue can be had for less than $200. They are reliable with JHP and the latest guns have a very good reputation. Bearing in mind the low low price and concerns over older guns I'd be tempted to buy new if you want one. Hope this helps.

------------------
Mike H

I am the proud owner of a Series 95 in .380, and I think it is one of the most underrated .380s on the market. I have had this particular gun for about 2 years now and have not had a single hiccup in that time.

The only .380s that come even close in quality are the Berrettas and the SIG232. But you see, mine only cost $200.00.

Luck,

------------------
"By His stripes we are healed..."

PeterGunn

I just recommended a friend to buy a Bersa Thunder. He wanted a .380 at a cheap price.
After buying it we have broken it in with no problems whatsoever. Well, maybe except for my friends aiming.
It's a good firearm. I am very impressed. Especially when I tend to go for the HK, Glock, PPK side. This little sucker surprised me!

------------------
RONIN - samurai with no masters

Almost bought a Thunder Lite as my car gun a few months back... $188.00... Not the smoothest gun, but it looked ok and seemed like a well made piece. http://www.bersa-llama.com/
Ben

------------------
AOL IM: BenK911
ICQ # 53788523
"Gun Control Is Being Able To Hit Your Target"

Interesting that everyone here says bersa is a nice gun, when llama (Same guys) usually draws critisism.
I passed on one today in favor of an FEG APK (PPPK/S copy) but on hearing this, $200 may be worth it :D

Bersas are made by Fabricaciones Militares (FM) in Rosario, Argentina. This is the same factory that makes the HP licensed copy sold a while back here in the US. They're really gotten their act together and now make very good and affordable pistols. The Bersa 380s are well-respected throughout Latin America and have been making inroads into the European market as well. I'm really tempted to get a Bersa but in my neck of the woods 380 ammo is more expensive than 9mm. I don't know where the Llamas are made but I've not heard good things about them.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

Hello All,

I just happened to have purchased one yesterday. It was used and in excellent condition. The price was right $139. Couldn't beat it. Still in original box with 2 mags. Seems to be well built, will find out how good when it gets to the range.

------------------
gun control is people control

Sorry for the misinformation, Bersa isn't made by FM. Bersa is an idependent company operating in Buenos Aires, Argentina (www.bersa-sa.com.ar).

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

Just bought a Bersa .380 couple of days ago. Have only put 25 rounds through it. I like the looks and feel of it. Need more time at the range with it. Looks very well built.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back