Bersa Thunder .380-opinions please...

gumshoe4

I looked at one of these in the gun store today. It looked as if it was pretty well made. DA/SA trigger pulls were acceptable. They wanted $310 for a new blue matte finish, $320 for nickelled frame and blue matte slide and $335 for nickelled everything. The gun is nice and slim and looks like it would conceal well.

Does anyone own one of these?

How does the gun stand up to lots of shooting?

How about reliability (failure to feed or extract, ability to feed hollowpoints, etc.)?

Are the prices I noted above reasonable?

Any other comments?

Thanks to all for your responses.

I have a duo-tone that I bought about a year ago. I've put about 500 rounds thru it so far with only one failure to feed; otherwise reliable and a very accurate little gun. The prices you quoted seem quite high compared to what I see in my area (West Tennessee)-they go for around $225 to $250 here. Overall they are very good and I don't think you could go wrong getting one.

$300-335 is too much for a Bersa, $200-220 would be a normal price. That said, I've got an all-blued Bersa Thunder DLX and find it to be an excellent gun. Find a cheaper store or gun show and get the gun there.

One of my buddies has one and it seems to be a decent gun. He paid $165 or so for a nickeled one about 3 years ago. You could get a lot more gun for the $300 you might spend on the Bersa you were looking at. In other words $300 is way too much for a Bersa.

OK, very good...

It looks like the consensus is that the Bersa is a good pistol, but the store's price was way out of line.

That might, in part, be a function of Prop 15 here in California. The Bersa is one of the new "Not Unsafe" tested handguns authorized for sale. I've been suspecting that dealers are jacking prices for the authorized handguns, because they know they've got you where they want you.

Guess I'd better hunt around some more.

Thanks, fellas!! Don't let your state "SB15" you.

Where in Cal are you looking at the Bersa. I am pretty sure Turner's regular price is $230 and it was on sale for about $210 a week or two ago (duo-tone).

Back