Bersa model differences?

nzed

Hello all,

Tnx to all who responded to my previous post re: Bersa 85.

Took the advice given and passed as that pistol was way over-priced.

After reading other posts here extolling their virtues, I seem to have been bitten by the Bersa bug.

I found in another gunshop in my area a Bersa model 83 for $190.00. It is used but in excellent condition w/ wood grips and 1 7-round magazine.

Questions:

1) What years of production for the Bersa 83's? I understand from some other posts here that pre-1990's Bersas are not as good as the later models.

2) Can the older model Bersas handle the hotter +P loads available today?

3) How does the model 83 compare w/ the model 383?

4) Given there is only about $20.00 difference in the price between the used model 83 and the newer Series 95 and Thunder 380 models, what would be your choice? Reasons?

5) Given a choice between the Series 95 and Thunder 380, should I decide to go the new route, which one? Why? Looking around the web, the only differences I see between the 2 are cosmetic. Am I missing something?

I plan on using the Bersa I get for CC, so size/weight could be a factor.

All responses are welcome. Should you prefer to reply directly, my e-mail address is petreyrj@sectv.com

Thanks

Seems like I found the answer to some of my own questions.

According to an Eagle Imports rep, the BERSA 83 Pistol was in production beginning in the late 80s & running into the early 90s. A one year warranty was awarded to the original owner of the Model 83. Only the current Thunder Series is under a Lifetime Service contract and come with one magazine.

Back