Bersa Mod. 383 in .380 cal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge572

Inactive
I am currently looking to purchase the above mentioned gun. Its used but appears to be in very good condition. I intend to use the weapon as an easy to carry off duty firearm. I currently use a Glock mod. 22 on duty but it is to bulky to carry concealed. My question is how reliable is this model and what is it worth used? (it has two magazines)

Sarge - With all due respect, this post should be in the handgun forum...
Closing it here - Moving it there...

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

I used to own a Bersa 383-A in .380. While I liked the gun, after about 500 rounds the trigger mechanism broke, I think the main spring. I too bought the gun used. I have waited for over 3 months to get a new spring from the factory. In the mean time, I purchased a Bersa Series 95, also in .380.

This newer auto has performed flawlessly after about 100 rounds. I paid about 225.00 for the nickled model.

My advise is too purchase new!!!!

------------------
"By His stripes we are healed..."

PeterGunn

From "Bersa Country" - Argetnina: There are two major mnufacturers here, Bersa and Fabricaciones Militares - Bersa are the more recent, have tightened up on quality control and tolerances a lot in recent years, same as our neighbor Brasil's Taurus and Rossi (now merged) to meet export standards, especially to you guys in the US. FM have been supplying military issue (and have always kept very high quality). I've had a number of Bersa's off and on including your 383 .380 - no problem though I found its overall size a little too big for its caliber (I expect a 380 to be really compact). It was very accurate and iI must have put more than 2000 rounds through it with no wear worth mention and no breakage. Spares are readily available this end - there must be some hitch with your importers.

Peter Knight - Calamuchita -Cordoba - Argetina

Sarge,

Go with a new model Bersa Thunder Lite (7+1) or Thunder DLX (9+1) both in .380 ACP. The excellent (for carry) DA/SA Thunder Lite can be had in blue for under $200 and has gained an enviable reputation for reliability with all types of .380 JHP, I believe this to be the best value CCW auto on the market today. The series 95 is almost identical, weight seems to be the only slight difference, the 2 are otherwise almost impossible to tell apart at a glance. I've found the older Bersa .380's to be clunky and they are less reliable with anything other than FMJ's.

Best,

------------------
Mike H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back