Bersa Lusber part being sought

gonzogeezer

Hello,

I'm trying to source a sear bar, also known alternately as a cocking piece, for a Bersa Lusber 844. The part is identical to those found in the models 84, 622, and 644.

Here's a detail from the schematic; the part in question is #44.
278df1edcdf6f500352b35b9304dd378.jpg

c80293518768f14486ed1b474a756f50.jpg
89bbb1eee08c9b54a7d020a9b7aa2fc5.jpg

I have already checked off Jack First, Popperts, Numrich, and sellers on eBay and GunBroker.

Any assistance in facilitating my search would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
do you think one from a thunder will work? looks the same.

I believe that beginning with the model 85 and continuing from then bersa redesigned that cocking piece to make it stronger. The top of the part you showed is significantly different and the bottom has reinforcement that are very different from mine. Unfortunately.

Even though it's spring Steel?

Yes, as you can cool the part in wet sand, only leaving the end exposed, so as to put two spots of weld on it.

All that end does, is support the bottom of the hammer spring, and allow the hammer stirrup to pass through it.

Yes, as you can cool the part in wet sand, only leaving the end exposed, so as to put two spots of weld on it.

All that end does, is support the bottom of the hammer spring, and allow the hammer stirrup to pass through it.

Based on other images I have seen, it keeps the mainspring under tension. This image is actually of a model 97 .380 but it think it's the same finctionally.

51ca5a3d49c825615cf31cbba365fa6f.jpg

If I sent you the parts would you be interested in performing the work?

I just agreed to purchase the mainspring and sear bar assembly out of a 644, which is supposed to be the same design as the 844 I'm trying to repair. Wish me luck.

gonzogeezer, I officially retired the first of the year, so I'm out of the gun work. Anyone with a TIG machine can do it, but just make sure to keep the part cool like I mentioned. You'll probably have to use some needle files to clean the hole out for the strut, and may have to run a bit into the counter bore for the spring seat, but that would be about it.

If that is the same part dimensionally, then it will work.

gonzogeezer, I officially retired the first of the year, so I'm out of the gun work. Anyone with a TIG machine can do it, but just make sure to keep the part cool like I mentioned. You'll probably have to use some needle files to clean the hole out for the strut, and may have to run a bit into the counter bore for the spring seat, but that would be about it.

If that is the same part dimensionally, then it will work.

I'll present this to my gunsmith as a project if my newly acquired part doesn't work. Thanks for your time and input.

I'm retired too; I'm just sad it took me 45 years to get here instead of retiring 30 years ago when I could have better enjoyed it!

Just to close the loop on this, earlier this week I received the hammer strut and mainspring out of a model Lusber 644, the .22LR variant of the 844, installed it, and the gun is functioning correctly mechanically. Early next week I'll be taking a range trip for a live ammo test to ensure the spring is strong enough to strike the primer reliably.

Back