Bersa 380 Thunder

Element

I was wonderin if anyone has ever seen or heard
of the Bersa 380 Thunder? Or even heard of Bersa
for that matter? If so what would be a good price
to offer for the 380? Are Bersa firearms worth the
time or not?

Great little guns for the price; very reliable and more accurate than it has any right to be. I paid about $230 for mine, but I've since seen them for just a little over $200 NIB.

Bersa 30 Thunder

I had one years back. It was generally well made although a bit heavy (all steel). It had a magazine disconnect safety that was easily removed.

I would compare it toa Makarov for similar ballistics and size. Buy it used; I can't imagine it wearing out.

I own two. It shoots where you point it, never hiccups, and is easy to carry. Fwiw, the best buy in a small caliber handgun. I just wish I could find aftermarket grips for it to make it fit my hand a little better.

Rome

I have a friend that owns one of these, with the matte stainless steel finish. Fit and finish this is a great
looking little pistol; for the money. He said he gave
$135.00 for it NIB.:) I can't give a range report, as
I have not fired it myself?:( But, as soon as I do;
I will be happy to report back here on TFL.:D:)

Regards,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Bersa

I own a Bersa Series 95 in .380acp, and I have found it to be a great little gun. Better than the comprable Walther ppk, anyway. The difference between the two is in the frame. The Thunder has a steel frame, while the Series 95 has a aluminum alloy frame. Series is somewhat lighter as a result.

My series is my primary point defence gun in my home and at the range is a flawless performer. Very accurate and comfortable to hang onto. 2" groups at 15 yards. Remember, it ain't no target gun, its just a quick point and shoot kind of thing like most smaller hideaway guns. But like I said, its better than the overrated german thingy that gets so much press.

Mine cost about $215.00 NIB. Buy it!!!

http://www.bersa-llama.com

Bersa .380

I have one of the older model 83A's. I believe it to be a very good gun for the money. I have never had a problem with mine. I believe the Gun Emporium that I bought this from still has new ones in the box for $189. I don't really know what the newer ones go for;)
Hope this helps, Happy Shooting:)

I will take a look at hese, sounds cheap enough! A friend has one and swears by it!
My CZ 83 was another $100...It's steel w/nickle satin finish and is also a bit heavy, but shoots like a dream...if the Bersa is as accurate, I'll bite!

I picked one up (Bersa Thunder 380) this week at a dealer's shop, it's great looking, but too small for my large hands. Bummer!

[Edited by VonFatman on 01-28-2001 at 02:01 AM]

Back