Berretta 950BS

Makarov9x17

Many people criticize the .25ACP as an inadequate defense caliber and the guns that are chambered for this round but I believe while at home, it is better to have a gun accessible on your person in an emergency than to have one locked in a safe.While I dont have the option of concealed carry in my state,
I do find the jetfire to be perfect for carrying around the house or working outside. It has never malfunctioned, it's reasonably accurate, and extremely light. Now for the 950 owners out there:
Does anybody carry theirs with a round in a chamber?
What are the chances of Accidental Discharge in a holster?

I consider the Beretta Jetfire the perfect mouse gun, and I've owned most of the recent batch of rodent sidearms, such as the Tomcat, NAA Guardian and Kel-Tec P32. Mine rides in a $10 Uncle Mike's pocket holster with a round in the chamber, safety on, hammer down. I like the fact that I can walk through a dark parking lot at night with my hand on a gun without raising suspicion. No problems with NDs just yet.

.25 ACP is plenty lethal if placed properly. It's certainly better than harsh language, and we all know that 90% of all DGUs merely require the presence of a firearm to defuse the situation. Nobody in their right mind wants to get shot with any caliber...note that even the ".25 is worthless" crowd is not willing to don a thick leather jacket and catch one center mass out of the Jetfire.

[Edited by lendringser on 01-07-2001 at 08:05 PM]

I carried a Jetfire in a pocket for years with a round in the chamber. A Glaser in the chamber and a mix of Hornady XTP's and Glasers in the mag. Carried it with the hammer in the intercept notch and the safety on. Amazingly feed reliable for such a tiny gun.

I carry a Tomcat now, and although I've grown fond of it, it's just not a substitute for the tiny Jetfire.

Back